04 - Kick

"This seems like a nice place to relax," you said.

          The scenery in front of you was at the outside of the school. After eating your meal with some classmates, you wanted to get some fresh air for a little bit while there was still enough time during the lunch break. You found a bench on the way outside where it was shaded by a tree next to it. Since no was else was seated on it, you took it as a chance to occupy.

          There was a large field in a not so far distance from across where the bench was located. At the vicinity you could spot two people chasing one another; you presumed they were playing soccer ball by themselves because of the small sphere they were trying to take from one another's reach.

          You didn't pay any mind to them when your attention was caught by a four-legged animal walking towards you. "Oh, hello there, kitty. Are you lost?"

          The feline was cautious upon hearing you talk, but nevertheless continued to move along. It stopped by your feet and meowed at you.

           "Do you have an owner? You seem like you're lost, little guy," you checked his neck only to find there was no collar nor any other sign of ownership accessories attached to it. You figured it must be a stray cat that found its way inside the school's gate. "I don't have any food I can give to you. Well, I've already it actually..."

          You crouched your back so your hand could get closer to the cat and then you slowly held your palm to it. "Let's just be friends, then?"

          Meanwhile, the two people at the field were still dueling each other.

          "Come right at me!" A purple-haired male shouted. He was standing in front of a goal post as he guard it behind his back to prevent the ball into entering the net. His knees were bent and arms spread to his sides, preparing for the other individual to take his next action.

          Fang eyed him suspiciously when the latter made his advancements.

          "Oh yeah?" His companion, a brown-haired male, replied. He was facing the other with a confidence. "I don't think you can catch the power of my whirling wind!"

          With the ball under his foot, he raised his leg and kicked it will all the energy that his limb had. The round object flew into a curved path and towards the post. Fang leaped to his right and tried to stop the ball from going into the net, but instead, the object slammed against the steel frame
and went to another course.

          "Shoot! It went too far."

          While your attention was still directed at the cat, you didn't notice of the incoming ball flying towards you with an encredible speed. However and also fortunately, the speed alone was not a threat as the distance between you and the young soccer player were wide enough for the ball's gravity to fall to the ground before it could hit you. Instead you felt a light impact on your foot.

          Looking down, the same ball that was used by the two boys had rolled off into your direction after the boy's kick misdirected it. You picked it up without any intention of knowing what to do with it.

          The cat, surprised by the foreign object, sprinted away from you. You watched it run off somewhere until it was out of your sight. "Aw, he's gone."

          "Excuse me, can you kick that ball back to us?!" One of the boys shouted.

          You looked to the blue-capped male waving at you. "Oh, um, sure!" Standing up, you placed the ball back to the ground and kicked it.