Chapter 53: What the Hell?

(Vincenzo's P.O.V.)

I begin to walk back into the living room after discussing with the chef what Athena should have. "I was to hard on her I know. I'm just so fucking tired." I say to Celeb, my Dad, Marcus and Philippe. "I mean I knew there would be back lash after killing the Russian fuck and I was prepared but I mean damn. Every clan was coming put the wood work. Even common street thugs." I explain. "Well what do they all want?" My dad asks. "Basically their all either fucking scared or pissed that Athena eliminated a whole clan like nothing and that our three clans are together." I explain. "So they are scared. They are scared because we showed action against those that wronged us and we show number and untouchable power. They are scared because we were powerful before in our own right but now we are unstoppable." Philippe says. I shake my head. "Yeah basically. Like I said I knew there would be a fall out with his familiars but this....this is acrossed all boards. She has them all scared." I reply.  "I don't get it. Isn't that a good thing?" Celeb asks. "Well not if they all come together and attack. We are powerful but to have all clans come together against us I don't see that as anything but death." Philippe explained.  "Exactly. I have been putting out fires sense we came back and when she freaked out over something so stupid I just lost it cause when she screamed I really thought the worst. I know to her though it was scary and I shouldn't have reacted in that manner." I replied. "Well just explain it to her she is very understanding." Celeb said as we reached the living room. I nood knowing once I really speak to her everything will be fine.

We walk in and I look around only seeing my mother. "Where is Athena? I want to talk to her and lunch is being prepared." I say. "As I ask this Rosemary the maide comes and says that Athena asked her to give Celeb a note to read out loud. She the passes to him and he begins.

"Dear Vincenzo.. I am ashamed of my actions earlier. I obviously over reacted. Vincenzo you are right I am spoiled. Even though I have always felt like I was put on the back burner for my stepsister in everything including you my husband I guess my actions say I'm still selfish.

With that I am leaving. I need time to clear my head. It might be the hormones talking or maybe it is my own heart. Either way I need to figure it out. You words cut deep. My little stunt you called it. That little stunt made me loss my soul. I had never killed before. I have only ever trained but for you I was willing to destroy the world.

You know Katherine told me before she died that we would never last. She said we are so different yet we love so much that we force our love. She said it wouldn't work because our love is too strong yet we are on different levels. It is to passionate. It is like a fire that burns to bright that it will eventually turn to an inferno and kill us all. I never knew what she meant. I just thought it was something else she says to get at me but  now I wonder.

My actions of avenging you my love .... avenging our love were unspeakable. I killed. I'm not you I dont take pleasure in the hunt and kill. I was raised in this life but I am not made for this life. I have immense guilt for what I did but it was kept in check do to the fact that I knew it was for our love. For you. Now you call it a stunt like it was a stupid game.

Now my guilt eats at me for why should i have done what i did if you were not grateful. Why hand my soul to Lucifer to avenge our love for you to spit it in my face. Maybe she was right. We are so different yet we love each other so we force our love no matter what. I see this. I'm stepping back. I need at time out. A separation. I have moved back into my only college apartment and I have a few guards. I'm telling you so you dont track me. You know where I'm at. Please don't come for me. Give me space. Give me time. As of right now we are taking time apart to work on ourselves and see if this can work. I love you but I can't be with you right now. Goodbye.... Athena." Celeb finished reading and I was crushed.

'I fucked up.' I think to myself. "Why is she fucking listening to a dead whore?" I shout. "I think the guilt is getting to her and her hormones are not helping. Give her a day or two and go to her." My mother said. Hahaha I laugh. "No, I will make her come to me and when she does I will make her beg for me to never let her go." I say. "And how are you going to do that?" Celeb asks. "J got a plan." I smile.

'You can't leave me Athena you are mine. I will make you beg to be in my arms again and when you come back you will never leave.' J think to myself as j walk to my office.