Chapter 29: Shattered

Lauren POV

The sound of shattering glass interrupted the ending of the film, making everyone jump. I quickly got up, running to the bedroom where Haileigh had been asleep. I was extremely relieved when I looked around the room, seeing a shattered mirror that had fallen off of the wall and haileigh tossing and turning in bed. I assumed that we'd had a small earthquake. Buggy sat up in bed as I took a seat close by her

"Hey, baby. Are you alright?" She rubbed her eyes and crawled over me and placed her head in my lap.

I gently stroked her hair, "Did you sleep okay?" Buggy didn't respond, repositioning herself onto my lap and sucking on her thumb. I kissed her forehead, standing up with the sleepy girl in my arms and carrying her downstairs to the living room to rejoin everyone else.

"It was just a mirror that fell, I think we had a small earthquake," I spoke as I sat down next to Camz.

"I'll go clean it up."

"Thanks."

Camila caressed Haileigh's cheek, "Hey, darling. How did you sleep?" Buggy only kept her thumb in her mouth, closing her eyes again.

"Aww, she must not have slept too well or she still doesn't feel well," Demi suggested, feeling Haileigh's forehead, but shaking her head in response, "She's not warm. That's good."

"I'm glad. She's probably just mentally exhausted, baby," I proposed to Camila, who sighed and nodded.

"I think you're right." I felt the small girl relax into my embrace as she fell back asleep. I decided against waking her, allowing her to sleep. I made sure to wait until she was sleeping well before moving her over to the cozy chair and placing a fleece blanket on top of her, tucking her in. When I sat back down on the couch, Camila cuddled into me, a small sigh escaping her.

"You alright, Mila?" Ally asked. I looked down at Camz, who shrugged.

"I'm worried about Haileigh," she whispered sadly.

I cuddled her closer, "She's safe, baby girl, and we're gonna do everything we can to help her deal with what happened."

Camila nodded, "I know. I'm just scared for her." Tears silently cascaded down Camila's cheeks.

I caressed her cheek, wiping her tears away, "Hey," I gently turned her face towards mine, "We're taking care of her, okay? And you need to take care of yourself too, yeah?" Camz looked down and sniffled, nodding softly.

Demi came and snuggled Mila, "She's stronger than she realizes she is; she'll get through it." I sprinkled Camila with little kisses all over her face, making her smile.

I stopped when small giggles escaped her, "Babeeee," she laughed.

"Okay, okay," I told her, kissing her forehead once more. Camila may have been worried about Haileigh, but I was definitely worried about both of them.

"How are you feeling, Mila?" Dinah asked, sitting on the chair in front of Camz.

Camila sighed, "I-I don't know."

"That's okay, love. How are you feeling about what happened?" Dinah rephrased. I allowed her to ask questions, knowing that it would be healthy for Camz to talk about and process what happened.

Camila shifted her gaze, fidgeting the hair tie around her wrist, "Um, I'm scared... angry."

"I understand why you'd feel that way, We're here for you if you need to talk about it, you know that right?" Dinah continued.

Camila nodded, "Thank you. I just... I just don't know what to do. I feel like there was something I-I could have done and I don't... I don't know how I can... how to help Hailegh and I-" Camila stopped, struggling to catch her breath. I gave her a sympathetic look, pulling her back into my arms, glad that I now knew some of what was going on in Camz's head.

"Shhh, breathe. There was nothing you could have done. She shouldn't have done that to Bug, that was her fault for doing such an awful thing. And, baby, I want you to worry about yourself healing and supporting Haileigh while you do that. Promise you will work on healing?" Camila nodded, regaining control of herself as she cuddled further into my embrace.

"Good. I love you," I told her.

"I love you too, so so much," Camila responded, giving me a small smile. I left a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Ally broke the silence, kindly offering to take care of lunch, "I'm gonna go start on lunch."

Demi smiled, "I'm more than happy to help." She stood up, following Ally, who thanked her with a smile.

"I'm gonna take a short nap if that's alright. I kind of feel a migraine coming on," Mani confessed.

I gave her a small smile, "Of course, I'll wake you when lunch is ready. Do you need some migraine medicine? There's some in that mini backpack hanging by the door if you like."

She smiled, "Thank you, Laur."

"No problem; sweet dreams," I responded.

I looked down at Camz as Mani walked out of the room, "How does a couple of episodes of Spongebob sound?" Camila nodded, giving me a bit of a smile. I put the cartoon on the tv, Camila now paying attention to the energetic yellow sponge on the screen. Two episodes and a half in, Dems came back into the room, telling us that lunch was ready.

"Okay, I just gotta go wake up Mani and wake Haileigh. Then, I'll be right there," I told her.

"Okay," she responded. I stood up, Camila giving me an anxious plea with her eyes.

"You got this, baby girl. Want me to wake Buggy?" I offered.

She shook her head, "Go get Mani, I'll get Bug up."

"Okay, baby," I gave her a soft kiss on her cheek as I turned to head up the stairs to wake Mani. Mani woke easily and seemed to be feeling better.

"Is your head still hurting?" I inquired as we walked down the stairs. She shook her head and gave me a small smile.

"How's bug?" Mani asked.

"Not sure, Camz is getting her up n-" I started to respond only to be interrupted by Haileigh screaming for me, "Mama!"