Chapter 16

"Hey Y/N-ie hurry up! We're gonna be late to your boyfriend's party!" Chanmi shouted from the front door. 

You finished curling the final piece of hair, yanked the curling iron wire from the socket, and raced down the hallway towards the living room. By the time you got your shoes on and clambered into the car, it was 7:50 pm.

"Don't worry guys, with Jaehwa's driving, we'll make it there in 5 minutes instead of 10," Minji teased from the passenger seat. You let out a relieved sigh, chest heaving as you tried to catch your breath. The last thing you wanted was to be late and miss the surprise.

 Nayoung reached over from the left window seat, placing a small gift bag in your lap. Jimin's gift. You'd forgotten to grab it when you left the house. 

The leader gave you a knowing look, "I figured you'd forget, so I made sure to bring it with the other gifts." 

You thanked her before turning to look out the window as the streets of Seoul whizzed past. The radio was the only sound emanating through the car as you all sat in silence. A warm hand cupped your knee, and you felt a shoulder nudge yours. You turned to look at Chanmi, who was seated next to you.

"You gonna be ok chickie?" she asked in a worried tone. "I know you haven't spoken to Yoongi since the incident."

It had been a week since your trip to the boutique with Yoongi, where he'd left you stranded after your First Touch. When you got home and narrated the story to your members, they were extremely upset, and rightfully so. Jaehwa was ready storm over to BTS' dorm to give Yoongi a piece of her mind, and Chanmi had to physically tackle her to stop her. 

You'd tried calling him the day after, but as expected, you were redirected to voicemail. After a dozen read but ignored apology texts, you gave up trying to reach him upon Nayoung's request. 

"Y/N, think about it from his point of view," Nayoung had said. "The touch was unexpected, and if he ran away, it was because he wasn't ready for it. In fact, it seems like he did to you what you did to Jeongguk. I'm not saying he did this maliciously as a form of revenge, but just like you felt a few weeks ago, maybe there's something holding Yoongi back from opening up to you. Just give him time, he'll come to you."

You took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah, I'll be fine. It's Jimin's day today, and I'm not going to let an issue between me and Yoongi ruin it for him. I'm going to act like normal regardless of whether Yoongi decides to acknowledge my existence or not," you said firmly. 

The rest of your members cheered. "Yes! That's our girl!" Minji praised. 

People say, if you announce something with conviction, your mind will believe it. That wasn't the case here. 

No matter how hard you tried to make yourself believe you'd be ok, you still felt a pang in your heart when only five out of your six soulmates greeted you upon your entrance. 

It had now been thirty minutes since you'd arrived, and Yoongi had yet to say a word to you. You were currently standing near the refreshments table watching Hoseok animatedly tell a story to your members about his pre-debut days. Your members were captivated by Hoseok, especially Minji, which wasn't surprising since they were similar in so many ways. Both Hoseok and your eldest member were the human batteries of their groups, providing comfort and support in the form of positive energy and comedic relief. 

So lost in your thoughts, you didn't notice someone approach you from behind until they cleared their throat. With a startled gasp, you whipped around a little too fast, causing the drink from your cup to splash a bit onto your navy blue jumpsuit. You quickly set the cup down and grabbed a napkin, attempting to soak up the soda before it ruined your clothing.