PROLOGUE

"I DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE

"I DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE." The thirteen-year-old Lorenzo conceded chasing after the eleven-year-old, Roslin. After he chased her down the long halls, they came to a full halt when they both taken note of a boy strolling towards them.

"Francesco?!" Lorenzo called out. He took Roslin and pulled her towards him. "Hi, Lorenzo. Roslin." Francesco de Pazzi modestly talked. Roslin grins broadly gradually touching his hand taking note of the bruises. "Who harmed you, Francesco?" He instantly pulled away.

"I got harmed, it was my fault." "Are you beyond any doubt it was you?" Lorenzo inquired.

"Yes," Francesco snapped startling Roslin. "I didn't cruel that way. Do not be frightened." He talked to her calmly, her down, who clutched behind Lorenzo panicked of Francesco's sudden outburst. "It's affirming, Roslin," Lorenzo told her delicately, pushing her forward. Gradually, her ruddy twists fell down on the side, she burst her green sparkling eyes onto Francesco's possess brown chocolate eyes. Gradually, she pulled out a rock, blue one. "What is this?"

Roslin looked once more at Lorenzo who gave her approval. "It's a moonstone. Lorenzo and I found three. One for you. You're my best friend." Immediately, Francesco stared at her cautiously. All his life, all three of them have been childhood friends. Roslin Sforza had been sent to Florence as a ward since she was eight years old. Piero de Medici had hoped one day to marry her to his second son, Giuliano de' Medici.

"Thank you," he blurted. She handed him the small rock with a huge smile. Immediately, Francesco stared at it then at Roslin, indeed she was the most beautiful red-headed woman he had seen. She did have a special place in his heart, the view broke when Lorenzo pulled her back pushing her against his side. He frowned, noticing the view. That's when Roslin pulled away taking his hand. "Come let's go to the well. Perhaps, we could throw our moon rocks there and wish for something." She pulled him towards where Lorenzo and she were there earlier. They looked down the well, noticing it was nine feet down.

"I don't want to." He admitted. She smiled, staring at him lovingly. "It's okay, Francesco. Keep it to yourself. You'll have a piece of Lorenzo and of me everywhere you go." She smiled staring at him.

"Roslin. Lorenzo." Immediately they looked up to see Contessina de Medici walking towards them. Contessina grabbed onto Roslin's hand. Something isn't right? Suddenly a loud voice can be heard. Jacopo de' Pazzi came walking down the hall directly to them. He had the hand of Guglielmo Pazzi.

"Where have you been Francesco?" He demanded walking over to Francesco. Roslin stared wide-eyed how Francesco didn't want to leave. She immediately broke free from Contessina grip running to stand in front of Francesco only to see him be slapped across the face.

"No!"

Francesco ran behind Lorenzo and Roslin. They stood in front of him protecting him from Jacopo. "Don't you ever touch him like that!" She glared at the man. He only stared at her then laughed.

"You can't be serious? Francesco this is the little girl you talked about every day. The one with the bright green eyes. The one you claim to love. She is only a little girl!" Her eyes widen, Lorenzo took a glance at her unsure what to say. She looked at Francesco who was shocked at the secret that he kept hidden for so many years to be revealed at that moment.

"Come here." He went forward grabbing him by the arm. He looked once more at the kids than at Contessina de Bardi began to walk away holding his hand taking it tightly around the wrist dragging him away. Lorenzo and Roslin stood in the distance watching as Francesco was dragged away.

How can life get any worse?

○ ○ ○

It's been three years. Roslin is now fourteen years old. Lorenzo is now sixteen years old. Had grown taller each day, some would say taller than his own father. He has grown distinctive features that resembled both of his parents but looked nothing like his siblings.

Roslin is now days away turning fifteen. She was walking around the main halls and suddenly her hand was pulled into a small room, she looked up to see Lorenzo.

"Hello, my love," Lorenzo whispered to her slowly. She let out a giggle. "Hello, Lorenzo." They both smiled at each other, happy to be together after so many months. He carelessly began to stroke her red curls he leaned on her, she backed herself against the wall.

"Lorenzo, I'm afraid what if your mother comes in. She will find us again." She softly spoke waiting to hear a response from Lorenzo.

He began to smile. "My mother knows how much, I'm in love with you. I can't stand being away from you." He then touched her cheek leaning for a kiss only for her head to turn.

"What's wrong, Roslin?"

"I heard your father speaking of marriage. He expects me to get married." She was stopped when he leaned in for a kiss. Their lips met for a brief moment before she broke it, gasping for air. "Lorenzo!"

"It's okay. Don't worry. You're not marrying my brother. You'll see. You'll be by my side. You watch. You'll be my wife one day and carried my children." She raised her eyebrow unsure of what plans he has for them one day.

"Don't be silly, Lorenzo. Your father is still alive." He smiled looking at her lovingly. "My mother said, one day, I'll have to marry a woman of noble blood. You're Roslin Sforza, a woman of noble blood and my father's ward. You said yourself, your parents wanted you to become a Medici. I can't live without you." He then leaned for another kiss only to be stopped when Roslin placed her finger on his lips stopping him from getting nearer.

"A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets, Lorenzo." She teased. He then smiled. He leaned back showing some respect for Roslin. She is his first love, the only woman he ever came to love.

"I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Your surprise me, Roslin. Every day, you make me want you even more." He leaned again for another kiss only to be rejected again.

"Oh, please you can't live without me." She taunted him, smirking. He got closer to her trapping her against the wall. He slowly leaned to her right ear, she could feel his hot breath. "I will always want you." He then kissed her ear causing some chills to move within her. He leaned back smirking, showing his proud confidence.

"What would I do without you, Lorenzo?" She teased staring lovingly at him. He leaned forward to place a kiss on her lips. "Promise me you'll survive. That's you won't give up, no matter what happens. No matter how hopeless." His words brought her to a wide smile. Slowly, she launched herself onto him, pulling him for a kiss. As they began to kiss hungrily for each other. They didn't know then their future was just predicted.

AUTHOR NOTE:

So, obviously, this is only the beginning. I'm excited to write this. I will be starting on this book actually August 15 or August 24. Days will come by very fast guys. So comment down below if you guys wanna see more. It depends, I'll even update tmr if there's time and if you guys want to see more.

Anybody caught the Titanic reference?🤭

(All rights to Titanic)