Seventh Life ✦ Darker than Blanc

7th Life| Darker than Blanc
©emika_3206

.

In a ridiculously expensive estate somewhere
(20 years later)

"So how did you two meet?"

Ronan Rosovsky asked his parents as he shoved his spoon down the bucket of double chocolate chip ice cream. Internally he was already regretting asking this question because his parents were simply themselves- the two most difficult people in the world.

It was Sunday evening and it was rare for the three of them to be together, with his father being the chairman of Lifespark Financials and his mom being his mom. Maybe he was just lucky that the snowstorm cancelled his father's trip to Seoris and his mother's shopping spree in Adrimore.

Needless to say, when he dropped the metamorphical bomb on the two people sitting on the plush couch across him, silence dawned immediately. His father merely flipped a single page of his conspiracy book that was as thick as it was nefarious, looking up and settling his azure gaze on his son. Then, his mother who was sipping on her hot cocoa- choked and began coughing hysterically. She almost threw her drink on his father's current favorite book, earning a withering glare from the supposed most influential man of the century. Normal people would've been cowering and running for their lives but hey, this is his mom and his dad's wife, she literally has no sense of danger.

......Look, she married dad. Someone like that really has zero sense of danger.

"Be careful- this is bloody expensive!" His father shut the book and hid it behind a barricade of pillows.

"Is it a luxury brand?"

".... No."

"Then it's not expensive." She dismissed, sipping from her drink, completely unaffected while his father silently seethed. His father was normally as stubborn as can be but hey, mom is always right. The man doesn't stand a chance in a verbal spat against her. Most of the time at least.

"Had you ever met anyone more difficult than you are?" His father asked through gritted teeth.

"Well, there's you baby. I met you" She smiled cheekily, obviously getting off from her husband's scandalized expression. Ronan promptly face-palmed.

How was he the child of these two again?

"Mom, dad, can you two please be normal people just this once?" He pleaded, before bright green and dark blue orbs suddenly turned to him. They both looked surprised that he's sitting right there. Or that he even exists. He didn't know if that was a good thing, or a bad thing.

"Oh Ronan, you're here too." His mother said, looking surprised that yes, she has a son and the young boy exists.

"You were saying something?" His dad raised an eyebrow at him.

Ronan huffed indignantly. "I was asking where and how did you two meet. Can't I have a bedtime story?"

"Oh stop being cute. You're going off to public school in five years." His mom rolled her eyes. It didn't look like she would willingly tell him the story. The woman can't be bothered to tell him a bedtime story but she gossips his embarrassing misadventures to her friends like an accomplished orator.

He turned to his father, who was surprisingly quiet, as if contemplating it. This man was his only chance at getting a definitive story.

"Dad?"