38 | raw talent

CHAPTER 38,

RAW TALENT

"Brett? Incredibly hot Brett with the eight-pack abs?"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

INDIANA STANDS IN the boys locker room after her and Mason snuck inside to speak to Liam. The boys don't really care about a girl being is die since the majority were on the team when she always entered to talk to her two older brother.

"I was saying that if we're talking about some sort of mythical creature that's so powerful the only safe place to put it is in the Wild Hunt, we have a serious problem." Mason says.

"Can we figure it out while I'm running drills? Brett's meeting me to help the freshmen that want to make first line." Liam informs.

"Brett? Incredibly hot Brett with the eight-pack abs?" Mason questions.

"Pretty sure his name is just Brett." Liam says.

"He has an eight-pack." Mason states. "Do you know how hard it is for the human body to have an eight-pack? God."

"Hey, Mason, sweetie." Indiana says as she grabs onto her friend's shoulder. "May I remind you that you have a boyfriend and you two love each other."

"I know, I know." Mason replies. "Wait, why is he helping you?"

"I couldn't get anyone else to volunteer." Liam replies.

"Well, yeah, because there's no way any of them are gonna make first line." Indiana comments.

"Yeah, no one does before junior year." Mason adds.

"Scott did, and so did I." Liam states.

"I was going off of how skilled they are at lacrosse but okay." Indiana jokingly says. "And you're actually kinda wrong because when Scott was starting lacrosse most of his classmates were in first line."

"But he only got in because of a little supernatural help." Mason replies. "You too, Liam."

"Thanks for the gear, Liam. And the drills, and the changes, you know? Even if there really isn't one." A player named Aaron says.

"Unless you practice. I mean, you could totally have a shot at making first like." Mason tells him. "You all do. You guys could seriously do it."

Indiana and Liam both link their arms under Masons, dragging him out of the room while he continues to yell encouragement to the team.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦