𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚

𝑨𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆 "𝑴𝒆𝒊𝒍𝒂" 𝑾𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆

Numb seems to be a feeling that I know to often. I've been numb since the first time my granny beat my ass.

I've been numb since the first time a nigga put his hands on me.

Now I'm numb because the one person that has come into my life is hurting and I can't help him.

The events of the night when I went to his house still play in my head.

When I opened the door to Jahlil's room I thought he was laying in his bed all peaceful that was until I turned him over and seen that he had three gunshot wounds in his stomach. The blood was fresh so I knew it had recently happened.

I was completely broken. The only thing I could do was apply pressure to his wounds and tell Milly to hurry up while I called the police.

—-
"Meila." I heard Milly call from the other side of the hospital room snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?" I answered him.

"Go get you some rest friend. He's a fighter he'll pull through."

"I'm okay." I stayed sitting there looking out the window.

I didn't want to leave him. I wanted to be here for every moment. I owed him that for not being there.

"Amelie... go get some rest you can comeback later." I stared at me.

I still wouldn't budge so he just sighed and gave up.

I decided to doze off for a bit considering the doctors said it could be a while before he completely wakes up.

—-
"Why is this bitch here." I heard the now familiar voice of Briella say waking me up from my nap.

"Don't come in here disrespecting my mans let alone disrespecting his lady." Milly said slightly pushing her out the room.

"His lady? Well do his lady know he got a baby on the way?" She said smirking at me.

I was still too numb to be upset. But this bitch keep trying me.

"Briella I've never did shit to you. I keep my peace by not saying shit to you. Baby or not I don't care. If you feel like you won something the congratulations but honestly you gone stop disrespecting me and you gone stop disrespecting Jahlil." I said never tasing my voice

"Period." I heard faintly causing me to whip my head towards Jahlil.

"Nigga I know you ain't just say period." Milly shook his head laughing.

Jahlil kept was pointing to a cup of water so I got up and handed it to him.

I didn't even realize that Briella was still in the room until she finally decided to speak up.

"Good To See you're awake now we can start making some doctors visits and go to them like a family." She Said Putting extra emphasis on the word "family"

Jahlil drunk some of his water before answering.

"That's wassup bit gone head and tell the real daddy to get ready for those appointments and while you At it tell him I said congratulations."

I couldn't help but laugh cause when I tell you this man is an asshole he's an asshole.

"This is your baby what're you talking about?" Briella said like she was boutta cry but also like she got caught.

𝑰 𝒑𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝑰 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒅𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒑𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒚... 𝑰𝑴𝑴𝑨 𝑷𝑬𝑬𝑷𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮𝑰𝑺𝑻