Chapter 8

Daniel's pov

I got up in the morning and did my regular workout routine. I saw that the rain had stopped and the sky was clear outside. I went ahead and cooked breakfast for me and layla. It felt nice that we having  breakfast together.

I got it ready and kept it on the table. I went ahead and knocked on layla's door. She opened it and to my surprise she was fully dressed to go outside.

'Good morning.' I greeted her. 'Good morning! I was just coming to meet you.' she said. 'Why?' I asked her. 'I really didn't have anything to wear yesterday so I used somethung from the closet. I even washed it and ironed it today.'she said.

'Oh... Those clothes are meant for guests. It's completely okay to use them.' I told her. 'Okay then, thanks for everything.. I will take my leave.' she said grabbing her purse and started walking.

'Wait. Have breakfast and go.' I told her. 'No, I don't wish to trouble you anymore.' she said. 'It's already prepared and served. You just have to eat it.' I said.

She looked reluctant but then smiled and nodded her head. We went inside my apartment and had breakfast together.

After breakfast I said, 'So, should I drop you back?'

'No, thank you, I can go on my own. You have aldready helped me a lot.' she said and left.

I sighed and decided to get ready for the day ahead. I went to my office and worked my ass off. Dad was still not in a condition to come. There were some pretty major decisions coming up.

The next few days were hard at work. I was coming home at midnight. Finally Friday arrived. I looked at the watch and it was four pm. I was thinking about going to our NGO today. I completed my remaining work and sat in my car and left.

Maybe I could even meet layla there. After that rainy day we had not really interacted much. She was still active on Instagram and stuff. Why was I feeling like I wanted to meet her?

I went to meet Mr. Williams in his office. He greeted me as usual and I looked at the files he kept on front of me. Everything seemed to be going well. 'Do you want a tour around the place again Mr.Daniel? The last one was a month back.' Mr. Williams said.

'Sure. Is layla there?' I asked him. 'I am sorry sir. We sent layla to do some other work outside. I can send someone else to show you around.' He replied.

I was a bit disappointed to be honest. 'Alright, you know what, on second thought I am not really interested. I know everything is functioning smoothly.' I told him.

We talked a little bit more and I left. I got a text from Caleb and I drove to our regular bar where we meet. I went inside and we hugged.

We talked about things my dad,our companies, some other general things. It felt nice to unwind with him
'Bro, why are looking so dejected?' he asked me. 'No, I am not.' I told him. 'Girl trouble?' he asked. 'What the hell?' I said and he laughed. 'Kay, you can tell me whenever you want. No pressure. If she is on your mind, that girl is really something.' He said. 'No one is in my mind. You know me.' I told him.

He chuckled and we changed the subject. After some more time he left as he had something important to do and I decided to stay back in the vip lounge.

I was not doing anything and found myself scrolling through layla's Instagram. She was doing some activity on 'Earth day' with kids and had posted about it also about her new writing work. Why was I doing this?

I kept my phone aside for a while. That's when I saw a chick approaching me. She sat beside me and started flirting with me. 'Go away' I told her. She was a little disappointed and sat far away from me.

Caleb's words started ringing in my head. 'If she is on your mind then she is really something.' seriously layla is not on my mind. We are just really great friends and I get along with her. Why was I even talking with myself. Obviously I was disappointed when I couldn't meet her today but that was it.

F*ck it. I am not wired for this kind of stuff. The chick that had approached me earlier was now standing and having a drink. I walked upto her and tapped her shoulder.

She turned around and instantly our lips met. I followed my same regular routine and took her to my other place and hooked up with her.

After hours of going at it as always she left and I stayed back and had a shower.

After coming out my phone rang and it was my mom. She wanted me to come visit her and dad tomorrow as I had been too busy all week.

I went back to my penthouse and worked from home a liitle bit. As I sat down for dinner I remembered about last week and how nice it was to have dinner with layla.

I really wished I could have met her today though.