another vent

tw// in comments

a deep blue covered the night sky, tiny stars barely shining and the moon rested behind clouds.

the breeze was gentle, soothing.

but nothing could sooth them.

sugawara koushi and sawamura daichi were walking together, their fingers fitting together like puzzle pieces. it took them some time to find each other, but as soon as they did, they were inseparable.

they were just supposed to be partners for a school project, their studying sessions quickly turned into study dates and them just into normal dates. and they went on lots. they had dates at the zoo, the theme park, the skating rink, the park, etc. they would go on hikes, picnics, long drives with no destination.

and before they realized it, they were in love.

but love was dangerous.

especially when you were in love with a member of a mafia.

but suga didn't know that.

what he thought he knew was that daichi worked as on the call investigators, specifically on crime scenes.

daichi never planned to tell suga the truth. how would he even bring it up? "hello my beautiful angel of a husband, i just wanted to let you know i've been lying to you since college and i actually murder innocent people for money." yeah, that didn't really have a good ring to it.

he wasn't exactly fond of his job. he didn't hate it, but he wished he could find something so that he didn't have to lie to the love of his life anymore. when it came to the mafia, everything was fake. relationships, status...

suga, however, was the realest thing he could get his blood covered hands on, and he was greedy. he put his hands all over that man, familiarizing himself with every curve of his body. when he was with suga, he didn't need anything else to be real. he just needed him.

he looked to their hands and squeezed suga's gently three times. a silent "i love you."

suga turned and smiled, pulling daichi into a chaste kiss. he spoke, his voice softer than velvet, "we're alone out here. you can say it out loud."

daichi knew he was always watched in public. he hated that he couldn't tell suga that he loved him when out of the comfort of their own home, but the fear of suga getting roped into his work terrified him. so he came up with the hand holding gesture. three squeezes meant i love you.

he didn't realize universal it would be. it started as three squeeze on the hand, but eventually, it was on the ass too. tapping each other under the dinner table when their mouths were full. three knocks on the door when they were mad at each other and locked the other out.

daichi decided this once, he'd risk it.

"i love you, koshi."

"i love you to-"

suddenly, suga was ripped from daichi's grip, his hands felling cold. his stomach sank as suga cried out in pain. venom filled his body as he watched his husband get slammed to the ground by a masked perpetrator. he tried to rush to him but was quickly stopped.

the person put a gun to suga's head. "one more step sawamura and i'll blow his brains out."

"daichi! what's happening?"

"leave him alone," daichi said sternly.

the person laughed, "you would think that such a high standard agent wouldn't involve himself with trivial matters such as love."