Chapter 31

"Here take this toffee. It's tasty" the small girl gave him a toffee wrapped in a red cover.

"I don't need it" he huffed looking away and sat down on the floor.

"This will help your wounds" a small pout was forming on the girls lips as she asked pleadingly.

"Barbara take your daughter away. She's so annoying"

"I"m not" With that she balled her hand into a fist and lightly smacked his head.

"Ouch. It hurts"

"Liar"

"Why are you always bothering me?" he scowled still not looking at her.

"Because I am your sister" the girl grinned and clapped her hands happily.

"No you are not. You are our housemaid's daughter and we don't look alike"

"I don't but my mom has the same eyes as you. They are green"

The boy scoffed and shook his head annoyed.

"There are many people with eyes similar to mine"

"I don't care I'm you pretty little sister" she kept her hands under her chin and smiled brightly.

"You will never be my sister"

"Marcus you idiot!"

...

It was finally Friday.

We were in a room with a long table. The five judges sat before us. Marcus sat to my right and Taylor Harrington to my left.

We were discussing about the programs to be held everyday. The magazines and newspapers were full of the pictures that were taken on the photoshoot. The entire country was talking about the contest and they were eagerly waiting till it started.

"Mr. Anderson we are happy that you are also joining. It's nice to see a new face in the fashion world. How has it been so far?"

I looked at Marcus as one of the judges, Olivia asked him a question. But he was staring at the sea thinking about something deeply.

"Mr. Anderson?" Olivia asked once again but Marcus didn't seem to be paying attention.

I nudged his arm and whispered slowly.
"Marcus!"

He still didn't realize that we were calling him.

Olivia looked at me in confusion and I gave her a small awkward smile.

"Marcus!" I whispered again but he didn't hear. So I pinched his thigh and hissed angrily.

"Marcus you idiot!"

That caught his attention and he snapped his head towards me. He looked around and suddenly realised that everyone was staring at him.

"I-I'm sorry I seem to be unwell. Forgive me please"

"Mr. Anderson you can go and rest if you want. Health is more important than anything"

"Thank you" He slowly bent his head in respect and walked out.

I was shocked for a moment. What had happened to him? He never left in the middle of a meeting. And specially on an important day like this.

My mood soured as worry filled inside me. I was tapping my foot under the table impatiently, waiting for this meeting to end so that I could go to Marcus.