River vs Hector

River's mansion ^^^
Cove's POV
"Hector," River's cold voice said. They know each other? If they know each other, then why is River saving me. Is this all part of some evil scheme to get me? Or maybe they're enemies. Either way, River is the only one here who I can even slightly trust, so I'll stay with him for now.

My thoughts were cut off by the sound of a car door slamming. I looked up and caught a glimpse of several people, all dressed in black exiting the black car before River softly pushed my head back into his chest. Whatever is happening, he doesn't want me to see.

I thought there were only two people in the car, but I guess there were way more. The thought of what they could have done to me with so many people made me even more glad that River was here. It's weird, I don't even know him yet his presence is making me relived and happy. Maybe it's the shock of this whole situation that's getting to me. Yeah that's definitely it.

My thoughts were once again interrupted, this time by the vibrating of River chest. He's laughing! What about this whole situation is funny?!

His laugh was cold and chilling. I would be very scared if I were on the receiving end of it. It's the kind of laugh that a psychopath would use to announce their presence before ripping someone's stomach out and eating it raw. Good thing I'm tucked in River's arms and NOT on the receiving end.

"Oh Hector, you're hilarious. You think bringing more men into this is going to help you? Well it's not, all it's going to do is give more dead bodies to clean up." River said nonchalantly. Dead bodies!!?? Is River going to kill them!? Am I going to witness a mass murder?

As if sensing my discomfort, River started rubbing my back again. Not gonna lie, it's really comforting.

"Why are you even here?" Asked the man who I now know as Hector. This seemed to make River laugh even harder, and I swear I could feel Hector shudder. After a few seconds of only River laughing, he finally answered.

"Well, not that it's any of your business, but if you must know I was just leaving a friends house when I noticed your car driving suspiciously. When I looked at the license plate, I realized that it's yours.Don't think that I forgot that little stunt you pulled a few weeks ago. It's really cute that you think you can just get away from stealing from me. Just because I've been too busy to go after you doesn't mean that you're on top of the world. I mean you're sure acting like it. It's funny honestly, but I think that you need a little reminder of where you stand."

As he said that last part, I felt him reaching in his shirt. I heard him pull something out, and I closed my eyes tightly while wrapping my arms around River's stomach. I felt his breath fan over my face before he leaned down right next to my ear.

"Cover your ears," he ordered, and that's exactly what I did. I didn't want to let go of him, but it was okay because as soon as my arms left his stomach, his left arm wrapped around me, his right one still holding the mystery item that by now I had a pretty good idea of what it is.

There was a few moments where I'm pretty sure River was talking, but I couldn't make out what he said due to my hands pressed firmly against my ears, before I heard a loud BANG followed by a bunch screaming.

River's POV
I told her to cover her ears, I still don't know her name by the way. I felt that she was a little reluctant to let me go, and I almost cooed at how cute she is. When she put her hands on her ears I quickly wrapped an arm around her again. I looked down and made sure she could hear before I turned back to Hector and his crew.

"Alright, listen hear you motherf*cker. Stealing from me was a bad idea, and now you're going to regret it. You will forever remember your place, honestly you're lucky I'm not killing you. But since you're new to this, I'll give you a second chance, which I don't do often. I hope that this little reminder will teach you to NEVER, EVER cross me again," I said as I raised my gun. I aimed it at his hand that was holding something and shot.

His screams echoed through the entire street while I dropped my gun and put my hands on top of hers to make sure she didn't have hear all of this. After a couple of minutes of Hector's pure screams, they finally managed to get him in the car and drove away as quickly as they could.

I know it's sick, but I enjoy hearing screams and begs for mercy. I love seeing blood splattered everywhere, especially when I know that they deserve it.

I finally dropped my hands from her ears, and she slowly did the same. Her head crained upwards and she looked at me with her beautiful deep brown eyes.

"River," was all she could manage to say. I smiled at her and said "It's okay now."

Eventually she stepped back and looked at me, this time her face full of gratitude. "Thank you." She said in her sweet delicate angelic voice, and at that moment, I knew that's she's different. And I like it, a lot.

After I dropped her off at her house and made sure she was safe, I got back into my car and started to make my way home.

After the while incident, I took her to my car and drove her home. The whole time she was silent except for when she told me what street to turn down and which house was hers.

I however had a lot to say about the fact that she was walking home alone in the dark. I told her that if she ever needed a ride, to ask me and I would gladly give her one. She simply nodded and looked out the window. I think she's still in shock.

Once I got her home, which was only about 5 minutes away, I insisted on giving her my number and told her to text or call me if she ever needed anything. Once I was satisfied, I left telling her to make sure she locked the door.

She probably thinks I'm crazy, but I don't care as long as she's safe.
I know Hector and his guys, or anyone for this matter will leave her alone after this. I'll personally make sure of it. I don't want any harm to come her way.

Why you may ask. Well it's because I've decided that I like her. I've never liked anyone before, but all I know is that she will be mine. I have this feeling that needs to protect and love her forever and ever. Maybe not love yet, but eventually.

I know that from the first time I saw her, I knew that there was something different about her. Now I know what it is.

I also know that even if she doesn't realize it yet, she likes me back. I mean, who trusts someone who they've only ever talked to twice, with their life. Also the way she hugged me when she got scared was enough proof in its own. She's just so beautiful and pure, I love it.

I finally pulled up to my house and as soon as I got to my room, my head was on my pillow and I was fast asleep.

1319 words