Chapter 4- Not what I Expected

(Chapter 4- Not What I Expected)

"Reports are due on Monday, no excuses." Mr. Lawson announced as the bell rang for class to end.

As everyone quickly cleared out of the room while I stayed rooted in my spot not willing to move. Once bring myself to walk out of this classroom I have to follow through with the plan and I don't know if I could. It was just not something I would do.

Maybe if I was lucky Mr. Lawson would give me an extra assignment to do through lunch so I wouldn't have to go. Yeah, that's it. I'll ask him for something to do.

"Ms. Bryant is there something I can do for you?" He asked eyeing me curiously.

I forced a smile on my face as I answered him. "I was hoping you could give me an extra credit assignment I could complete today."

"Extra credit?" He chuckled. "You don't need extra credit you're doing fine in my class."

"But-"

"No buts now go and enjoy your lunch." He said cleaning up his messy desk.

I grumbled a few choice words under my breath while gathering my things. All I needed was a stupid assignment and I couldn't even get that, great. What am I going to do now?

I shot Mr. Lawson one last glare as I headed out the door and to my locker. This can't be happening to me. Am I really going to do this? And with Brody of all people?

My nerves hand me on edge. I had no idea how I was suppose to get through this. I mean one minute I'm ok and think I'll be fine and the next I just want to run and hide in a corner somewhere. Is that crazy? Wait Of course it's crazy. I can't even make up my mind.

The vibration of my phone pulled me from my thoughts enough to answer it.

Olivia:

Where are you? Me and Grace are looking for you.

I contemplated a minute on what I should tell her before texting a reply.

Me:

Just taking care of some things, be there soon.

I put my phone away to free my hands so I could put in my locker combo and put away my books. I was more than glad to get rid of these things. They were way too heavy and bulky. Did we really need two of them for one class? I mean seriously, one is enough to keep up with.

Lucky for me though I didn't have to carry mine home every day like most people since I had a set there to.

Heather gave them to me after she graduated two years ago since she didn't need them anymore and replaced them with her college books. I guess you could call it a win, win.

See how boring I am. I standing here thinking about text books instead of my make out session with the bad boy. I've really lost my mind. See a person in this condition should not be making decisions.

Closing my locker I winced as my sore cut finger scraped across the side of it. I had forgotten all about my poor finger....and the jerk that cut it. I still need to get him back for that. No one hurts my finger and get away with it. I use that to write with.

All because of him I could have lost my ability to write which would have eventually caused me to fail in my classes, then I wouldn't be able to graduate and the next thing you know I'm flipping burgers at the local fast food restaurant unable to get a job anywhere else. Oh the horror. See what almost happened? I was almost ruined!