🥀

3rd of December

"You waited?", he said jogging up to me in his letterman. He looked so handsome like that, his cheeks flushed red from the warm shower he must have taken after his game.

I decided long ago that it was when Jonah looks best, cheeks flushed, carefree, on the field, doing what he loved most, playing football.

" Of course, " I smiled. His soft brown locks are a mess, a wet mess and that made him look more adorable if that was even possible.

He always acts surprised when I do things like this... Like wait for him alone in the cold so we can go home together, but deep down he knows I would always wait for him... Bear the cold alone, all for him. Or maybe he doesn't know that, I never told him.

"Aren't you cold? It's freezing ", he says blowing his breath and watching the steam rise up.

I shrugged.

Sometimes when I look at Jonah, it hurts because he is just so pretty... Are boys supposed to be pretty? Well, he is...

He takes off his letterman and drapes it over my shoulders.

" There, " he says and smiles his dimpled smile that makes me lose my breath, sometimes. He admires his sweater on me and I turn into a blushing mess.

He pulls me along saying we should go get burgers and milkshakes. I follow him to his car.

He tells me that I should have waited for him in the car. That it will be his fault if I catch a cold.

I remind him I didn't have the keys. That he forgot to give them to me at lunch, as he did before every game.

He apologizes for being forgetful. I tell him that it is okay. He checks my forehead for a temperature, he breathes a sigh of relief finding it normal.

I found it stupid, it was not like I would develop a fever right after standing in the cold for an hour. But it was also cute, too cute.

And this is why Jonah is beautiful not because of his dimple or his pretty face or his body but because he would give up his sweater for others, he would worry over nothing for others and he would always make me feel safe and cared for.

🍂🍂

This story is a fiction that I wrote inspired by Conan Gray's 'Heather'

I suggest you listen to the song if you want to get more into the feels so as to speak.

Honestly, Heather is one of the most beautiful songs out there. I linked the song.. You can listen to it if you want to but there's no need to listen to the song in order to understand the book.

All the characters and what they represent are my own imagination.

Also, I kinda wrote this whole thing in a day and I updated 10 chapters in one go...
The next time I update, I will update in bulk :)

I don't even know why I did that...adhdiekakseotieisnakwkkwr

Anyway, hope you like this...