𝗋𝗈𝗈𝖿𝗍𝗈𝗉 𝗆𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀

your favourite is back out of temporary hibernation 😌
♪mr loverman- ricky montgomery (slowed/reverbed)

y/n~ your name

l/n~ (your) last name

c/n~ crush's name 

c/l/n~ crush's last name 

♡︎

I checked the time to see it had just struck 2. Excitement overtook me as I put on a hoodie over my t-shirt and shorts, I even brushed my hair and twisted it neatly into a low bun. 

Me and C/N would meet on top of our rooftops every night and talk underneath the stars. It had kind of become a daily thing ever since we started doing it 2 years ago. 

He had just moved to our area and we quickly became friends. Our parents would regularly meet so we would be around each other almost every single day anyway, but the time I valued most was now, when we were alone. 

I opened the window to meet the cool breeze. The sky was very clear tonight so it made our town look even more tranquil. My phone lit up just as I saw a dark figure from the house next to mine climb out their window and deftly hop onto the rooftop.

"Y/N!" he called out, waving at me with one hand.

I returned his wave with a smile and I scooted closer to the edge, namely so I could look at him better. Unlike me, he hadn't gotten ready and looked like he had just woken up, but yet he still managed to look so much better.

"So how was your day?" I asked as per usual. I was trying to keep a normal expression on my face, to mask how nervous yet excited I was.

"Eh it was alright." He shrugged. "I have a detention for something I didn't even do tomorrow but... what're you smiling for?"

My face immediately fell as I realised how dumb I had looked. I had one hand resting on the side of my face, grinning like an idiot at him. 

"Oh! Ahh sorry I wasn't smiling over the fact you got a detention it's just... I'm excited to tell you something." 

C/N furrowed his brows at me and tilted his head to the side. "Ok what is it?" he said.

I froze and turned bright red. I didn't know how I was so confident about this just a few minutes ago. I could feel his eyes on me and they just felt so... intense. I was wide awake compared to him. He was still half asleep, rubbing his eyes and lazily looking in my direction.

"Uhh well..." I trailed off as I saw the lights switch on downstairs. If my parents were going to make an appearance, I would have to make this quick and retreat back to my room as fast as possible.

"Yeah uh I like you ok? That was all. Ok bye!" I blurted out in one go, scurrying back across the roof, my face an actual mess. 

"Hold on." C/N said. He didn't seem flustered at all, just tired, which kind of discouraged me.

"Why are you saying this all of a sudden?" He yawned and switched on his phone, turning it around so I could see the time, which I couldn't. "At 2:13 to be precise with you. I won't be able to properly register anything you say till later this morning."

I just stared at him, my mouth open. C/N smiled softly at me and shrugged, brushing himself off before making his way back to his room.

"Night!" 

"Wait, C/N!" I called, moving to the very edge of the roof as quickly as I could. I was just so confused with his response, I probably wouldn't be able to rest without knowing exactly what he was trying to say.

"Do you even know what I just said? Like... this is a big deal you know." 

C/N turned around, one leg was already through his bedroom window. "Of course I know what you just said and... you better run your mum has just spotted you."

I whipped around to find my mum standing in the garden, one hand on her hip. She didn't look at all happy but her face softened only slightly at the sight of C/N.

"Y/N. C/N. What on earth... are you doing?"

C/N simply waved at my mum, grinned at me, and disappeared back into his room. My phone then lit up in my hoodie pocket but I ignored it. My mum rolled her eyes at me and motioned for me to get back inside, before going back in herself.

It was so quiet now. I checked to make sure she had actually gone inside before switching my phone on to read the 4 new messages from C/N.

c/n 😇

i like you too

why were you scared anyway? i thought i made it obvious

don't reply we're talking tmr before school

night 

I was grinning from ear to ear as I switched my phone off and lay back down on top of the roof. I was really resisting the urge to call or text him back but following his orders, I didn't.

Who would've have known the boy who moved in next door 2 years ago would have such a big impact on me? Seriously, I didn't know why I hadn't known this sooner.

"Y/N L/N. Get inside right now." my mum's head appeared from behind the patio door, desperately trying to not raise her voice.

"Ok, ok!" I slipped off the roof and back into the confines of my bedroom, taking another look out the window to find C/N's light off.

"Aw." I muttered to myself. He wasn't lying about being extremely tired. 

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and walk past my door. I suppose I should actually go to bed now, even though I knew I wouldn't be able too. 

With one last look out the window I got into bed and eventually fell asleep, my dreams very much invaded with C/N C/L/N and what was to come later.

♡︎

what is this 😃 i wrote this at like half 12 last night so sorry if it's bad, i just wanted to get a chapter out.

bet my sister could write a better oneshot than this tho and she has the brain of an 8 year old 😻

today's fact!
-i've known my crush for 10 months but haven't seen him for 6 of them

peachy x 

(1103 words)

(edited 14/08/20)