Chapter 21

Lincoln

"She looks badass, everything about her is covered in this dark aura, except for those fucking blue orbits. They just uproot your whole soul with one single glance, it's mesmerizing, really."

PAST

I feel light. For the first time in forever, I don't feel like a heavy boulder is resting on my shoulders.

These past few weeks have been amazing, to say the least. It feels like we opened up a completely new connection to each other, like we simply became one.

And I can't stop looking at her. I can't stop watching her, with every little thing she does. I also can't stop touching her, it seems like we invited a whole new level of desire into our lives when we made love, that first night. And honestly, that's what it was. We made love. Because I'm in love with Mia. Loving her is refreshing, intense, and consuming as hell. She's on my mind all day, even when she's with me. It's like she's taken over my sanity.

Just now do I watch as she prepares breakfast, only wearing one of my shirts as she sways her hips to the music, fork in her mouth while she wiggles the pan.

My hands sneak around her stomach as I press her back against my chest, watching how she flips the bacon with interest, my chin resting on her shoulder.

"What kind of music do you like?" she suddenly asks, licking her finger after getting some of the bacon on it, and I can't deny that it does something extremely dangerous to me.

The question also catches me off guard, to be honest. I don't remember the last time I actively listened to music, it's usually just Mia's music in the apartment, and before that... God, everything from the time before I went to that bridge seems so foggy now.

"Uh... I liked MC Hammer." I admit, and Mia immediately laughs out loud, the sound making my heart pick up a beat or two.

"MC Hammer?" she keeps on giggling as she turns off the stove and then turns around, her arms circling around my waist as she looks up at me, "I did not expect that."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Well, what did you expect?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

She removes one of her hands from my back to dramatically tap her chin, acting as if she's thinking intensely. "Hmm... I was thinking along the lines of... Pink Floyd, or maybe U2?"

"U2?!" I retort with wide eyes, "You think I listen to U2?" But she just laughs again and shrugs, like she didn't just insult me on a deep level. "Yeah, why not?"

"Because of... Everything?!" I scoff, and she circles her arms around my neck before getting on her toes and pressing a quick kiss on my lips, the taste of bacon still lingering on them.

"Did I offend you, Dr. Grey?"

Fuck, it just does something to me when she calls me that.

"Maybe a bit, Miss Esperanza." I grin at her.

"Aww, I'm sorry. Well, not really..." She winks before turning around, grabbing a strip of bacon from the pan before shoving it in her mouth, half of it still hanging from her lips. I immediately bend forward, biting off the rest of the piece, though it doesn't come off completely, and it just ends in both of us laughing while my lips crash against her own. The piece finally comes off, but we just end up chewing and kissing at the same time, the greasy taste of bacon invading my senses as I pick her up, her arms immediately wrapping around my neck while we both swallow the meat.