Chapter Sixteen: Cold Showers

────────────────────────────
-'ˏ Margo's Pov ˎ'-

╭                                             ╮
Billy Hargrove's House
Thursday , 7:34 p.m
╰                                             ╯

────────────────────────────

Just as I felt as though my legs couldn't take another step I stumbled into Billy's chest.

I eagerly wrapped my arms around his midsection knowing I would be safe with him.

He swiftly picked me up with one arm under my knees and the other supporting my back, bridal style.

"Hi baby." He cooed to me. He looked up at the sky and made an attempt to shield me with his body from the falling snow as he carried me inside.

He ever so gently shut the front door behind him before creeping up the stairs.

Once we had reached his bedroom he tried placing me down on my feet. I almost fell to the floor from both the cold and sudden lack of adrenaline in my system. As my knees gave out he quickly stretched out an arm to keep me upright.

Frowning at me he pulled me towards him and lifted me up so that he could sit on the bed with me straddling him.

His frown deepened as I fought to control the shivering. Billy rubbed his hands up and down my arms to try and warm me up but it was futile.

"What were you doing outside? That's dangerous Margaret I mean seriously you could easily die and you aren't even wearing shoes."

I just nodded at him because I didn't trust myself to talk.

Eventually the tears and stress caught up with me because before I even knew it trails of tears were streaming down my cheeks.

Billy's eyes popped open in shock as he gently wiped my face and begged me to tell him what was bothering me.

"M- my d-dad is home." I managed to choke out.

He wordlessly pulled me in for a tight hug as he leaned back onto his mattress.

"I'm sorry." He whispered to me. "I know sorry doesn't fix it."

Still not able to talk I just leaned into his body because he felt so warm to the touch. He suddenly pushed me back so we could sit up again.

"Margaret you're still freezing." He stated as he touched several different body parts of mine to prove his point.

Before I could even attempt to reply he had gotten up and rummaged through his drawers. He snapped back up with a large hoodie in his hands and looked at me.

Billy wordlessly pulled me into his bathroom and sat me down on the countertop. He placed his hands on either side of me so he could make eye contact with me.

I just blankly stared at him as he tried to come up with words.

"You aren't gonna like this. But you have to take a hot shower. It's fast and effective and I won't even look at you if thats what you want but please just take it."

The fog in my head was preventing me from being able to really think so I just nodded in agreement at him. Whatever would make this stop, would work for me.

My body was so numb that I didn't even notice that Billy was already trying to help peel my shirt off. I self consciously slapped his hand away and clumsily did it myself.

He didn't argue and just turned to face the wall.

I couldn't even undo the knot that held the drawstring on my pants. Getting frustrated by how my own body wasn't cooperating
I let out a loud breath of air so I didn't cry.

Billy wordlessly turned around and helped. Even untying the knot while looking upwards at the ceiling making it extra clear that he wasn't peaking.

By the time I was even in the shower I was moody and uncooperative. As the first spray of water touched me I yelped and jumped backwards. Billy quickly leaned over to touch the water.

"It's still cold sunshine." He told me.

"It burns." I responded on the verge of tears.

He ran his hand over his face, which I noticed he always does when he doesn't know how to respond, before groaning.

"Okay." He said as he peeled off his shirt and pants before stepping in with me.

I glared at him and he just stared right back at me as he turned the water temperature up.

He pulled me under it and even though it burned I just gritted my teeth and leaned into him in case I did something stupid like pass out.

Noticing how heavily I leaned against him he asked if I'd rather sit down. I shook my head no but he was already sat down on the shower floor and easily pulled me down with him. He positioned us so that I was in between his legs and my back easily rested against his chest.

My first instinct was to argue because the shower water still felt burning hot, but I had to admit that this position took a lot less effort.