Chapter 167

To say that Fred and George drove Aunt Muriel crazy throughout the first month that we were there was just an underestimation.

     They left Dungbombs in the living room and tried out their new products on her garden gnomes. But what pissed her off the most was the passing owls that swooped in and out of the house at least five times a day, to deliver Fred and George's products which they made in the backroom to customers.

     Tolerating her had become almost impossible. There wasn't a single day that passed by where she wouldn't scold me about sleeping till noon, saying,

      "Back in my days young girls actually valued time. It's like all your generation is doing is to eat, sleep, eat, sleep, and repeat. It's absolutely disgraceful!"

       And to the answer, I would always give her the finger the moment she turned her back on me, making Fred and George snigger.

     Although even though the twins always managed to keep the house bright and happy — despite Muriel's foul mood — the news we read in the Daily Prophet or what we heard on the radio only brought us fear, and nothing more.

      Although after a month, we could no longer trust what we heard there, seeing as all channels on the radio were now manipulated by Voldemort and his followers as well.

      "Lee sent us a letter this morning, by the way," said Fred as I joined him and George in the backroom while they were busy with testing new products.

      "What did he say?" I mused, leaning against a wall nearby.

     "He's planning on creating a radio podcast," said George in a hushed tone, even though there was no way anyone could overhear us with all the protective enchantments around the house.

       "Oh, yeah! I almost forgot you were gonna do that," I said, mostly to myself. "But — how did he manage to send the letter to you? I thought the Ministry was checking all the owls."

      "They do," George nodded, "but the three of us had come up with a coding language back at school."

      "Yeah, we were only thirteen," said Fred, and then he sighed, "Ah, the good old days... making up secret languages and exploding the Slytherin common room... those were the days."

     I giggled at that. "So where is the first meeting going to be?"

     "Dunno." George shrugged. "We're supposed to change the location and password to the channel each time, so it's not decided yet."

     "Lupin and Kingsley said they wanted to participate as well," said Fred. "We'll all have code names too."

      "We haven't decided on a name for the radio channel yet, though," said George. "Lee suggested Pottermore, but we're trying to think of something else. Do you have any suggestions, Snappy?"

     "Hmm..." I started thoughtfully, trying to suppress a grin. "How about Potterwatch?"

      I knew they were going to come up with that same name eventually, so I thought I would just help them get there faster.

      "Ooh, classy and sassy. I like it," Fred nodded in approval.

      "Nice one, Snappy." George grinned. "I'll let Lee know. See what he thinks about it."

      Just then, the door to the backroom opened without a knock and when we turned on the spot, we saw Aunt Muriel there, looking as bitter as ever.

      "Boys, your father is here to see you," she said before leaving the room again without any other word.

      Fred and George shared a horrified look and went pale before running out of the room briskly to see their father, scared that he had come with bad news.