The Eagle And The Mouse

Hey, guys! Here it is; as promised!

I'mma let you guys read this, so I'll make this quick!

Please vote and comment! And keep on voting for the previous chapter!

S. A. A

_________________________

What was going on?

****************

The gasps and whispers in the room were loud enough to break and shatter the sound barrier.

Which I think it did because Aaron was calling me. I was sure of it, but I couldn't hear him over the sound of my nervousness.

Only when he snapped his fingers in my face was I bought back to Earth.

"Huh?" I said dumbly.

Aaron's eyebrows furrowed.
"I said 'are you okay?'" Aaron said, repeating his words.

He slowly stood up, putting the back of his hand to my forehead.
"Are you unwell? You seemed okay last night?" He questioned, peering into my eyes.

At 'last night' the whispers turned to full-blown talking.

I nodded to show him I was okay. Aaron smiled in response, holding my hand.

"I have something to ask you." He said quietly yet loud enough for our fellow classmates to hear and I think that's what he was aiming for.

My eyes flitted across the room, all eyes were on me; especially the glaring from Britney and her bimbos from across the room.

Gosh, they'd kill to be in this position.

But it wasn't them. It was me and I had no idea what to say. I mean, this takes 'faking' to a whole new level.

"Aaron, I-"

My incoherent stuttering was interrupted by Aaron shushing me. He moved closer, leaning his forehead against mine.

"It's a promise ring, gorgeous." He muttered, stroking my cheek with his knuckles and I had to hand it to him he was one hell of a good actor.

The fact that it was a promise ring calmed me a little.

Just a little.

The effect he had on my stomach was actually the opposite of calming. Not to mention, the people who were staring and glaring, making me very anxious.

Aaron, who was still as close as before, looked around the room.
"Are you mad?" He whispered, so that only I could hear.

I rolled my eyes.
"No, but someone else is," I stated, pointing over to Britney subtlety.

Aaron looked over to where I was pointing, his lip bit in thought.
"Are you familiar with the way an eagle looks at a mouse?" He questioned absent-mindedly, out-of-the-blue.

I shook my head.
"No?" I said, giving him a strange look.

Aaron's eyes remained fixated on Britney.
"Me neither, but I'm sure the look that Britney is giving you is pretty much it."

I laughed softly before remembering the topic at hand. I looked around and, sure enough, everyone was still subtly staring at us. 

I turned back to Aaron.
"A promise ring?" I questioned, the hinting of hesitance evident in my voice.

Aaron nodded.
"I mean, I don't want to pressure you. It's okay if you don't accept it."

I smiled at this.
"I don't mind doing it, Aaron. I told you I'd help you last night."

Aaron nodded his head in gratitude.
"Thanks."

I smiled, looking around.
"Well, are you gonna put it on or what?" I drawled, eying him playfully and he smiled opening the case. I gasped when I saw the content. Inside was, by far, the prettiest ring I had ever seen. Well, I haven't seen a lot of rings, but this topped everything.

I'm glad I was facing away from Britney because, if I wasn't, then I'd probably be receiving glares that could send me to hells-fire and back.

I stepped out of his embrace, feigning happiness.
"Aaron, this is.... It's amazing." I said, affection clear in my voice.

Aaron smiled, raising an eyebrow.

"You gave the ring a more loving look than you do me." He pointed out and I smirked, shrugging softly.

"Well, actions do speak louder than words." I merely said to which Aaron nodded, his eyes playful. 

"Oh? In that case..." He drifted off before lifting my hand and placing the ring on, in a way that made my heart flutter. 

Aaron leaned his forehead against me again and I sighed at the feeling, looking slightly to the door to see the teacher hadn't arrived yet.
"Good acting, Lexi. I'm thoroughly impressed."

I smiled smugly, loving the feeling I got from getting praise from Aaron.
"Well, what can I say? I always know how to put on a show. I can't say the same for you" I mocked, putting my nose high.

Aaron breathed a laugh, raising an eyebrow.
"I'm going to get you back for that." He stated, eyeing me slightly and I scoffed at his empty words.

"And how are you planning on doing that?" I questioned curiously.

This made Aaron smirk and he leaned back, so everyone could get a full view of the two people in this conversation.

He squeezed my hand tightly before letting go of it.

"Kiss me." He ordered.

_________________________

Comment what you think, guys?!

What should happen?!

Should they kiss or not?

S. A. A