NINE| ..-. --- .-. -- .- .-..

At first you felt stiff and awkward as you and 62 stood at the entrance of the sort of outdoor patio that would hold the event. You were all dressed up and able to feel the skirt of your dress lightly brush past your skin in the night wind. The odd space between you and he who was next to you was significant to where you couldn't tell if you should stand closer or further apart.

Everyone else in line waiting to be seated stood by themselves, and you could easily feel their eyes. It seemed as if even in your fancy attire, the judgment from the gold tiers was unavoidable. Now at least it felt like maybe both of you were being watched, not just you, which by now wasn't unusual.

Many people in the past had stopped to stare at you and 62 when you ran around the Between like giggling idiots. Maybe it was because you were actually able to have fun. Maybe it was because you were interacting with another being at all to begin with. 

You and 62 made eye contact as you waited in line and felt the many pairs of eyes. He seemed to notice it as well and tossed his head a bit to litter the hairs against his bangs to the side in slight nervousness while licking his bottom lip. That constant cursed space between you still didn't move then however, and you both positioned your gazes forward once more.

You didn't care so much that people were staring. After awhile of standing, it became the norm. Soon your only irritation was boredom, and you tried to focus on the happenings under the fancy gazebo in front of you in order to distract yourself from your aching feet.

Soft music played from the speakers as a large chandelier and ribbons plastered above rustled slightly in the outdoor night air. There were rounded and white clothed tables sitting scattered about under the large wooded canopy, and you noticed that every table sported only one chair.

That must have been what was taking so long as you noticed one worker had to individually find each separate gold tier their own assigned table. You sighed lightly as a piece of your hair got in your eyes and you had to blow it out of your face.

You weren't used to the feel of makeup on your skin or... looking nice in general. You didn't hate it exactly, you just needed time to get used to it. At least now when 62 looked at you you didn't have to feel beneath him or lesser due to your attire. For once however it seemed as if he wasn't looking as the space between you and him held awkward air and he simply kept his gaze forward.

Finally the two of you were at the front of the line, and a nervous looking waiter with a silver plated badge bowed to 62 before his eyebrows crinkled in confusion your way. Now used to confusion and looks from the workers, 62 immediately stepped in.

"She's with me. She's my dance partner. Can you find her an extra chair if there isn't one already?"

The worker blinked before nodding quickly under the orders and running off. You sighed pointedly again just loud enough to draw attention from 62.

"What?" He questioned with a small smile while you crossed your arms; he ready to assure you that you weren't lesser in case you needed another reminder. 

"Ug, it's just that... so far this is sort of boring. Are all gold events this boring?"

For a moment he said nothing before a sort of light jumped to his eyes and he laughed while shaking his head.

"To be honest with you... yeah. They sort of are. A lot of sitting around doing nothing. Which is why this time I brought something with me so that I'll be entertained."

"Really?" You looked him over but found that he didn't seem to sport anything that would ease the boredom and tilted your head questioningly. "What?"