Heat - Ghiaccio x Reader

Warnings: mild cursing

~~~~~~

God! The heat in Venice was unbearable! You sat on the couch, fanning yourself with your hand in a futile effort to cool down. It certainly didn't help that the air conditioning in the La Squadra headquarters had broken a week ago.

"How are you not dying?" You asked Melone, who was seated a few feet away in a chair.

"I don't know. Maybe you're just overly sensitive," he replied.

You rolled your eyes and groaned. You searched the room with your eyes, hoping to find something you could use to cool down.

"And there isn't a single fan in here!" You shouted in exasperation.

Melone jumped in his seat, your outburst shocking him. He let out a heavy sigh then jabbed a thumb over his shoulder towards the hallway.

"I think Prosciutto has one in his office," he told you.

Your eyes immediately lit up with joy, jumping up from the couch in a flash. You made your way down the hall quickly, begging for relief from this intense heat. You didn't even bother knocking, simply barged into the room. You were on a mission, after all.

Prosciutto let out a small gasp when he heard you enter. He spun around in his chair, an angry glare plastered on his face. You didn't notice it as your eyes scanned the room for the fan.

"Can I help you?" Prosciutto asked, tearing your attention away from your search.

"Yeah, do you have a fan?" You asked him, eyes hopeful.

"Uh, no," Prosciutto said.

You huffed, a scowl landing on your face. Prosciutto rolled his eyes, bothered that you had interrupted him. An idea crept into your head and you smirked mischievously.

"Where's Ghiaccio?" You asked.

"Hell if I know. I think he's out today," Prosciutto said with a shrug.

Your face immediately fell into a frown as your dreams were crushed. Where's the grumpy ice man when you need him? He always seems to be around when you don't want him to be, starting arguments and pointing out ridiculous things that nobody would notice but him. For once, he would actually be useful, and he isn't here.

You groaned as you left Prosciutto's office. You heard him shout a slew of curse words after you for leaving his door wide open, but you hardly cared. You trudged your way to the kitchen, hoping to get a cool drink.

You grabbed a glass from the cupboard and opened the freezer to retrieve ice for your drink. Immediately upon opening the door, you were hit with a rush of cool air. You sighed in relief, finally feeling a bit cooler. You leaned forward, your face inching further into the freezer little by little.

Your moment of bliss was interrupted when the freezer door slammed shut, just narrowly missing your head. You gasped and turned your head, eyes locking with Risotto's angry ones.

"Don't waste electricity," he scolded.

"Ok, dad," you teased with an eye roll.

He scowled at you and you immediately apologized. God, why were your roommates so terrifying? Risotto left the kitchen and you opened the freezer again. The cool air rushed over you and you sighed. Not wanting to invoke Risotto's wrath again, you simply reached in and grabbed the ice tray.

You pulled the tray out and placed a few ice cubes in your glass. The cool ice in your hand was a nice contrast to the heat. You raised an eyebrow, placing your glass on the counter. You grabbed another ice cube and lifted your hair up off of your neck into a faux ponytail. You placed the ice cube on the back of your neck and hissed. The contrasting temperatures sent a shiver down your spine.