chapter forty-four

Dear Rowyn,

My time is coming near. I can feel it. Aslan has begun to talk to me in my sleep so it's only a matter of days until my time runs out. But I wanted to send you this before I go. Inside you'll find many of Peter's belongings that he suggested I give to you when he speaks to me in my dreams as well. There's some paintings, some of his old sweaters that I think you'll love, his old pocket-watch, and his old locket that he wore every single day underneath his shirt. I suggest you open the locket to see what it holds. There's also one more thing in there. Everyday for those years you two were apart, Peter wrote you a letter. He was very lonely whenever we came back so I think writing to you helped him cope with living in a world without you. I've never read them—to respect his privacy since he refused to let us anywhere near him when he wrote to you or even drew you—but I think it's important you have them and read them. They are meant for you after all.

I hope that by having these items you won't make the same mistake I did. I forgot about Narnia and even you for a bit of my life and I pray to God that you won't experience that as well. Keep these items and remember that Narnia was real. That Peter was real. Your love for him and his love for you were two of the realest things to ever occur in his life so please don't forget. Live your life fully, Rowyn. Live boldly. Just live, Rowyn. Once my time has come I'll be with you just as Peter has. Every step of the way, you'll never be alone.

I love you,

Susan Pevensie-Abbott

Rowyn blinked away her tears and allowed them to splash down to the wood floor beneath them. "Jesus Christ." Rowyn set the letter down and wiped her cheeks.

"My God even I'm crying what the hell." Andy laughed as she wiped her own cheeks followed by Nate.

Andy grabbed the multiple stacks of letters that rested between some of the sweaters in the box. "Holy shit."

"How many years were you apart in his time?" Nate questioned as he observed the multiple huge stacks of envelopes.

"Seven, I think maybe six I don't know."

"That's two-thousand letters?" Andy's eyes widened as she did some quick math in her head.

"That man really loved you, huh?" Rowyn smiled softly as Nate muttered those words under his breath.

"Wait a second, these sweaters are actually really cute . . . would Peter mind if I borrowed one?" Nate questioned as he grabbed one of the sweaters out of the box.

Rowyn grabbed it from his hands. "Hey, get your own husband who's like seventy years older than you and already dead."

"You mean a sugar daddy?" Andy snorted from beside Rowyn and Rowyn bit her lip to stop a loud laugh.

Andy grabbed a journal that rested in the box as well as flicked through the different pencil drawings within it while Rowyn grabbed the pocket-watch and locket. Rowyn's heart slammed against her chest when she saw that small painting of her that rested inside the locket, just like the locket she wore around her own neck with a picture of him inside.

"Holy shit!" Andy exclaimed suddenly. "I found Rowyn's porn!" She laughed and turned to journal to face Nate and Rowyn.

Rowyn's cheeks heated as a pencil sketch of her bare body rested on the page. "Damn, Rowyn, do you really look like this?" Nate questioned as he leaned forward to observe the drawing more.

The whole page dedicated to that one night on the beach was the one that they all observed. He drew her on top of him as he held her body close. He drew the way her face put off a soft glow against the flames she produced that night. He even drew the way her face contorted as she hit her climax.