The End

Five Years Later: Dagger P.O.V.

I open the front door to hear the three year old twins, Silas Chance Eastwood and Alex (after Eislyn's brother) Victor Eastwood arguing over a toy. I kick off my dress shoes before walking further into the house, and I make my way to the bedroom.

I see a six month pregnant Eislyn laying on the bed, tears gathering in her eyes at the sight of me. I lean down, pressing a gentle kiss to her lips before making my way into the closet. I strip off my clothes before placing on a hoodie and sweatpants. I make my way back to Eislyn, kissing her head.

"How's my pregnant wife?"

"Your pregnant wife is hungry but throwing up constantly, crying at everything, peeing a thousand times a day, and wanting to beat the shit out of the xylophone the twins keep fighting over."

"Well, shit. I'm sorry. Do you need me to do something about the xylophone?"

"Would you? You're a lifesaver."

"I try. What else can I do for you?"

"Maybe you an fuck me so hard that I have this baby. Oh, I'm horny too...if you didn't notice from my last statement."

"That escalated quickly."

"Dagger. I'm never getting pregnant again. Three is enough."

"Are you sure? Because I really enjoy having kids."

"You're not the one who has to give birth to them. Or go through horrible things because and after pregnancy. No one talks about the stuff after pregnancy. Shitting hurts after you give birth. Did you know that?"

"No, but now I do. Do you want my honesty?"

"I appreciate it...most of the time, but right now, you need to get the xylophone away from me and them."

"I'm on it."

I lean down to press my lips against hers once again before making my way to the twins.

"Dad!"

"Hey, boys. Why don't we take a break from the xylophone and make some dinner for your mom?"

"Why should we do that?"

"Because we all need to it, and your mother is getting angry."

I watch as my kids eyes widen at the thought of Eislyn getting angry. Her temper with pregnancy has been a little crazy. She watches it but when she goes off, you better take a step back. It's been hectic around the house, as always, but I went away on a business trip for two days.

When I leave, Eislyn always seems to get more emotional, so for the few months and a couple months after Eislyn gives birth, I'm not going on any trips. She's still boss of the club and owner of the bar, but she's been working less because of her pregnancy, so Vicious has been taking over so far.

"So, what do you think we should have?"

"Pasta."

"We have pasta every night, Si." (Pronounced 'sigh' for Silas's nickname. Not 'yes' in Español and/or Spanish)

"But I love pasta."

"I'll make a box of mac and cheese, but we need something else. How about lemon chicken with fruit and veggies?"

I get a thumbs up from both my boys. That's when I hear scratches on the back door.

"Have you both fed the dogs?"

"Yes we did, dad! Milo was stealing Charlie's food."

"What did you do?"

"We put Milo in the living room. Charlie outside."

"Good job."

Another scratch comes on the door.

"Alex, do you think you could let them in?"

"Yeah."

Alex, Silas, I make the dinner while Milo and Charlie (our golden retrievers) pick up food the we spill on the ground. The boys dance around the kitchen to Ariana Grande, their favorite, while I place food on the serving plates.

"I'm going to go get your mother. Set the table, please."

Right away, they both carry the plates the to table and start playing with the dogs. I smile as I make my way back to my wife. I open the bedroom door to see her giggling like a maniac over The Office.

"Dinner's ready, little one."

"Thank you, my love."

I help her off the bed, and together, our family sits at the dining room table, the dogs sleeping soundly on their rugs.

"Love you, dad and mom."

"Love you too, my buddies."

Eislyn and I smile at each other, and I caress the back of her hand. I lean down to her ear, whispering 'I love you' which she calls right back to me.

My dreams came true, and I couldn't be luckier.

I kiss the top of my wife's head and continue eating my meal, the sounds of family surrounding me.

Edit: 9/18/20: Thank you so much for your silent and/or public support of this story! Y'all are so wonderful, and I appreciate all the love. It's been incredible to see people enjoying my stories that I've put a lot of effort into. Thanks again! --DustyBooks16