Anger Issues, Lee?

Annabelle

Lee and I were walking to lunch when she asked "Hey, you and Kristen still best friends?"

I looked at her weird, where did that come from? "Uhh, yeah. I guess. Shes been acting weird though. Why'd you ask?"

"She doesn't sit with us at lunch anymore and you guys don't talk as much anymore." She shrugged.

I was about to say something when she paused "And she seems a bit homophobic."

"Trust me. She's anything but homophobic." I reassured her.

"Could've fooled me" she muttered under her breath.

A freshman was running and bumped into Lee. "Look where you're going!" Lee snapped.

I slapped her and her features softened, the freshman looked like she was waiting for Lee to apologize.

"Um, why are you still here?" Lee raised an eyebrow.

"You didn't say sorry." She put her hands on her hips.

Oh no.

Lee's eyes narrowed into slits. "Excuse me? Say sorry for what? You bumped into me. It seems as if you new here so I'll let this slide."

"I'm going to report you to the office." The freshman huffed.

Lee laughed "Sure thing, freshie." Then she pulled me away, towards the cafeteria.

"What was that?" I asked her.

"I don't know, your bitchy little best friend put me in a bad mood." She spat.

"Kristen?"

"No the other one, Beyonce." She said sarcastically.

"What did she do?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing that's important. She's just a homophobic little bitch."

"She's not homophobic, Lee."

"As if you know anything Belle! You don't even know your own best friend despises you because you're gay, let alone being with me!" She yelled.

Good thing the hallway was empty. "Don't shout." I said softly. "Kristen wouldn't say that."

"Stop defending her!" Lee shouted again and gripped her hair in frustration, I flinched at the loudness of her voice.

"But-"

She cut me off "Never mind, forget it." She pulled me inside the double doors.

After we got our lunch in silence we went to the table. Everyone saw that Lee was tense and they all stopped their conversations. It was only Haylee, Jace, Amber and Jasper. Ashley wasn't here today. She was sick.

Everyone tried to talk to Lee but she would just give them one word answers or just ignore them. I guess I shouldn't have defended Kristen but she was my best friend. Who wouldn't? After countless tries to talk to Lee, everyone just gave up.

Jace looked at me then back at Lee. He motioned his head to her with his chin and I shook my head no. Jasper stood up "Well I have to uhh, go do this thing with um, some people." He got up and quickly walked away. Amber followed "I have to go uhh, help him go do the thing with the people." She said awkwardly and walked away.

I looked up and Jace and Haylee with pleading eyes, begging them not to leave me alone with Lee. But Jace got up.

Fucking great.

"Haylee and I are gonna go over there." He pointed to the far table across the cafeteria. "Until you two work this shit out." He pointed at both of us. He took his lunch along with Haylee's and left. I huffed. I wasn't going to talk to her. I'm not going to be the bigger person. I'm always being the bigger person. What if I wanna be the smaller person for a change.