chapter sixty-one

keep the comments coming 🤍.

-Sydnee
5 weeks later
2:45 pm

"Sydnee get up, we gotta go ta the doctor" Key said waking me up out of my nap.

"Okay gimme 5 more minutes" I mumbled still into my nap.

"Mane no, you said that last time get yo ass up so we can go" he said yanking the cover off of me.

"Oh my fucking god, can't ever get no sleep" I said sitting up and looking for my phone in the bed.

"Put some fuckin clothes on, you only got 10 minutes" he said walking out of the room. I mugged him as he walked out then got out the bed walking to my closet.

I picked out a graphic T along with some biker shorts and my white slip on vans. My hair was in a slick back already so I redid my edges and then added a few accessories.

After brushing my teeth, putting on deodorant, spraying perfume and rubbing on lotion I finally walked outside to Key's car since he was waiting on me.

"Yo mama coming with us?" he asked and I shook my head no.

"She said she wanted just us to go, she didn't wanna be in the way" I said and he nodded while backing out the parking lot.

"What you think the baby gone be?" he asked and I thought about it.

"A girl since my family is mostly females" I said.

"I think it's gone be a boy" he said and I smiled.

"9 months need to hurry up, I wanna see my baby neow" I said patting my belly lightly.

"On soul" he said making me laugh.

"Bae i'm hungry" I said poking my bottom lip out.

"Again?" he asked in shock.

...

"Nice to see you again Ms. Denise, this must be dad" Dr. Freeman said shaking our hands with a warming smile.

"Yes that is him" I said sitting on the bed and fiddling with my fingers.

"Y'all get to finally see the baby, aren't y'all excited?" she said while setting everything up.

"I can't wait" Key said and I smiled looking at him.

"Cute" Freeman said lowly while still getting the things together.

"Alright, lift your shirt up for me so I can apply the gel" she said and I did as instructed.

"That shit not cold on yo belly?" Key asked concerned and I nodded laughing at his face.

"It is" I said lowly then she began to move around the transducer, I looked at the screen along with Key who was looking very focused.

"Alright, so here's the baby right here on the right side of your stomach. It's small right now but it'll get larger each time you come back" she said moving it around again.

She became alert once she saw something on the screen making me worry.

"Is something wrong?" I asked and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"No not all, but you're indeed carrying 2 babies in your stomach" she said moving the transducer to the other side of my stomach.

"I'm having twins?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yessir, when we get ta know the genders?" Key asked with the biggest smile on his face.

"When she is around 18 to 21 weeks then y'all will know the genders of your babies" she said and I wiped the tear that formed in my eye.

I can't believe i'm about to have two kids.

Not ONE but TWO.

"Awee it's okay to cry, here take a tissue" she said handing me the box and I grabbed one wiping my tears from my eyes.

"Thank you"

"What type of foods should she not be eating?" Key asked and I mugged him.

He's been trying to get me to eat healthy for this whole 5 weeks & i'm on the verge of killing that man. Let me eat like a pregnant lady in peace !

"Try to stay away from dairy, seafood, a lot of fruits, I recommend eating mangos, and fruits like that. There's lots of foods to avoid so I recommend looking it up or calling me if you're unsure" she said and Key nodded.

"Would y'all like me to print some ultrasound pictures to take home?" she asked and I told her yes.

"No problem" she said lowly and began printing some out.

-

"Ma, I went to the doctors and they said i'm having twins" I said avoiding tears as I walked inside of her house.

"I knew that was gonna happen, I felt it in my gut" she said shaking her head.

"How ima take care of 2 kids at the same time ma?" I said sitting down with my face in my hands.

"You have help baby, Key is going to help you along with the family and friends that you have. You're not alone" she said rubbing my back.

"Thank you" I said wiping my tears.

"I sense that you're about to be a crybaby this whole pregnancy, you finna give Key hell" she said laughing making me laugh.

"I've been an emotional wreck this whole month" I said and she chuckled.

"I bet" she said then took a seat in front of me.

"Ma i'm finna bounce up outta here" Tori said coming downstairs with her keys in her hand. I laughed then shook my head.

She graduated 4 weeks ago and like I predicted my mama got her a car. Now her and Malia been running the streets like they some damn hood rats. I can't blame her though, I did the same shit.

"Stay yo ass still, always hopping place ta place" my mama said and Tori laughed walking in the living room noticing me.

"Hey Sydnee girl, what's wrong with you?" she said asked seeing my eyes still wet.

"Nothing, I had a eyelash in my eye" I said playing it off and she shook her head.

"Okay bye y'all, I got Li waiting on me" she said walking away from us out the house.

"When you gone tell everybody you pregnant?" my mama asked and I shrugged.

"I don't just wanna pop out the woodworks and say Hey everybody look at me I have 2 babies in my stomach I wanna surprise everyone when it's time. I just don't want anyone in my business" I said and my mom nodded.

"I was the same way with Tori, nobody ass knew. They thought I was just getting fat" she said and I chuckled.
_______________________________

The twins was supposed to be a surprise but some of y'all starting commenting "Team twins" like nooo stawpp it 😭.

But I might do a time warp next chapter because ain't nothing finna be popping rn .