waking her up for cuddles

The first thing you realized upon opening your eyes in the dark room was how cold you felt. It quickly made sense when you saw that Sana was no longer holding you. Her arms weren't wrapped around you like usual and when you tried to scoot back against her, all you felt was the coolness of the pillow.

Still groggy, you rubbed the sleep from your eyes and tried to adjust to the darkness. You felt around the bed in search of Sana. You were beginning to wake up the longer your eyes stayed open and there was no way you could fall back asleep without her holding onto you.

It was only when you inched your hand closer to the edge of the bed that you felt her warm skin against your fingertips. You felt her back rise and fall against your hand momentarily. You could hear the soft breaths escaping her lips. There was a pull at your heart; you really didn't want to wake her, not with how peacefully she was sleeping.

But, deep down, you knew you weren't falling back asleep without her arms around you. So you started to shake her shoulder until her eyes opened slowly.

"Y/N?" She mumbled your name sleepily. She was so tired she could hardly keep her eyes open. "What is it?"

You gnawed at the skin on your lip, suddenly feeling a little guilty for waking her. "I know you're tired so I won't keep you up, but I woke up feeling cold and I realized that it was because you weren't cuddling with me any longer."

She opened her eyes a little wider and looked around to find that she was far from the spot where she had fallen asleep just hours prior. She was on her side of the bed, so close to the edge she was nearly falling off of it.

"Sorry, baby." She whispered and started to scoot back to her original spot. Your head hit the pillow again and she curled up beside you. Arm draped over your side, legs tangled with yours, just like you wanted.

Her lips brushed against your cheek, causing you to crack a lazy smile. Her hand rested over your stomach and you happily placed yours over hers.

"Warm now?"

You nodded contently. "Very. Thanks, Sana."

She let her head fall to the pillow underneath her. "Anything for you, y/n." She replied, voice turning into more of a whisper as she began to drift off to sleep once again. "Love you. Sweet dreams."

"Love you too, Sana. Goodnight."