12

I hug Taylor tightly, tears coming to my eyes as I burrow my head in her neck.

Time really flew by with her here. Even though it was only month. She lit up the whole house with her presence. Every body definitely missed her at home.

I missed my best friend more than anything and her being here has been amazing.

We promised that we would try and visit each other as much as possible. She said once she finishes college up there in three years, she'll be sure to move closer to me or me move closer to her. Whatever happens.

She pulled away and wiped her tears and kissed my cheek, "I'll see you soon okay? I'll text you when I'm safe. I love you Kode."

She pulled me into another hug, shorter this time as I mumbled I loved her back, and I watched her walk into her gate as she waved at me.

I waved back and wiped my eyes and went to sit in one of the chairs and watched her plane as it took off.

I wiped my nose as my phone dinged.

It was Julia.

Hey hey heyyy, what's up ?

About to leave the airport. Just dropped Tay off

Wanna hang out after?

I hesitated a little bit. I just wanted to go home and be sad for a bit.

I'm sorry, my dad also just got back today. I'll be going to visit him.

I started walking through the airport to my car. I wasn't planning on visiting my dad today, but I guess I could just surprise him.

I pulled out of the airport and onto the highway. Maybe I'll get him Noonan's. My families favorite restaurant. Or at least half of us. My dad and I have always loved potstickers. And that was where to get them.

I called in and made the order.

I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel as I stopped at a red light. I was actually really excited to see my dad. It's been what? Like almost four months since I seen him.

My dad and I haven't been the closest. Sometimes we could be kind of close, but I'm more of a momma's girl. Though, he's still an amazing dad. He always tried to help me. He always joked around. He didn't get angry when I got pregnant. He loves Kaleb. I couldn't ask for a better dad.

I picked up the food, tipping them and saying thank you as I grabbed the bag and made my way to my dads.

He also has a big house considering we are all his kids and we used to have to go over to his every weekend and we sometimes would go over for a week.

As I pulled into his driveway I saw a car I didn't recognize. I wonder who it could be.

Shaking any thoughts away I made my way into the house.

"Hey dad.." my voice trailed off and my smile died as I seen him take his hands and lips off the woman.

"Kodi!" He said surprised. "I thought we were meeting tomorrow."

"Well I thought I could surprise you.. I dropped Tay off at the airport. I was kind of sad so why not get happy by seeing my dad who's been gone for months?" I frowned.

The woman was standing a little awkwardly to the side. But as I took her appearance in she was really pretty. She had dark brown hair, with light brown eyes. They looked like they were shining.

"Yeah we can.. but, Kodi, this is my girlfriend Layla," he said softly and grabbed her hand. "Layla, I've told you about her, this is my third eldest, Kodi."