chapter 29

Yeonjun groaned and rolled over, reaching his arm out to hold onto Soobin. He shot his eyes open when he felt the cold empty space next to him, desperate for another body to warm it up. He frantically looked around the room, wanting so badly for Soobin to be there, but he wasn't.

Yeonjun was about to take the covers off of him when he saw a little note on the pillow:

Morning Jun,
You did this to me so I'm doing the same by writing you a note hehe... I left for work and I wanted to let you sleep. I know you said to wake you up, but you just looked so peaceful, so I didn't wanna bother you... I did pinch your squishy cheeks a little bit hehe.
Have fun opening presents and Merry Christmas! I love you.
- Soobinnie

Yeonjun smiled as he read Soobin's little note. He placed it down on the night stand as he whispered to himself, "I love you too, bin."

Yeonjun sighed and laid back down in his bed, instantly feeling a bit upset that Soobin couldn't really experience Christmas... especially how he should be with his parents. Christmas is a day where you're supposed to stay in your pajamas, wrapped up in a blanket, and drinking hot cocoa with the people you love. Yeonjun was praying that Soobin was having a good day at the café.

Yeonjun decided to get up after a few minutes to check on Taehyun. Beomgyu had to go to work as well and Taehyun was most likely upset about it just like he was. Yeonjun knew that Taehyun worries about Beomgyu a lot since Taehyun usually talks to him about it. Always worrying if Beomgyu was hurt or if he was eating and drinking enough. He's been especially worried since Beomgyu just went back to work two weeks ago, still with his hard cast and sling. He can't get it off until after they go back to school.

Yeonjun got up and grabbed a hoodie from his closet to cover his bare torso before tiptoeing out of his room. He made his way to Taehyun's door and gently knocked on it. When he got no answer, Yeonjun quietly turned the knob and peeked his head in, seeing Taehyun still sound asleep in his bed. He noticed a small piece of paper on the nightstand next to Taehyun's bed, peaking his curiosity. Yeonjun tiptoed into Taehyun's room, finally glancing at the clock, which read eight thirty-seven a.m.

Yeonjun picked up the piece of paper and furrowed his eyebrows when he could clearly tell that it was Soobin's hand writing:

Hi Taehyunnie!
You might be wondering why the handwriting is so great... It's because Soobinnie-hyung wrote this for me since, you know, broken arm and such...
Anyways, I didn't wanna wake you up and bother you. Soobinnie-hyung and I woke up at the same time, so we're gonna walk to work together. I know you worry a lot about me walking alone, so now I have a friend to walk with. And we're done with work around the same time as well, so we can walk back together.
Merry Christmas and I hope you get everything you wanted! Have a nice day and I'll see you soon.
Kisses and hugs, Beommie

Yeonjun smiled as he placed the note back on the night stand. He gently rubbed Taehyun's arm, "TaeTae... Wake up... It's Christmas!"

Taehyun whined and hugged Yeonjun's hand with his eyes still closed, "Mmm... Beommie, call out sick and cuddle with me."

Yeonjun chuckled a little, "TaeTae, it's Yeonjunie."

Taehyun loosened his grip and opened his eyes, feeling embarrassed after he saw his brother next to him instead of his boyfriend.

"How about I wake up everyone else and you start the hot cocoa... Deal?" Yeonjun asked.

Taehyun sat up and adjusted to the light, "W-Where's Beommie? A-And Soobin-hyung?"

Yeonjun sighed, "They went to work already... It's eight forty."

Taehyun buried his head in his hands and roughly rubbed his eyes, "Ugh... I said I'd wake up with him."