Chapter 2

🤬Inappropriate language in this chapter!🤬

Just getting back from patrol when my phone starts to ring

Just getting back from patrol when my phone starts to ring. I groan when I see that it's Paul. "Paul... It's 4 in the morning, what do you want?" I ask, all sleepy. I am ready to go to bed. We have been running 12 hour shifts due to this red headed leech that keeps coming back on our land.

"Jake broke up with Davina, in hopes that Bella Swan will give him a shot." Paul says venom laced in his voice.

"I'm sorry he did what now?" I growled out. Now I am awake. Why would he do that to her?

"I got home and she was crying in her room. He told her he is still in love with her but wants to have a shot with Bella Swan. I am going to kill him. She has given him three years and..." Paul was saying as I heard Davina start to scream. "I have to go!" Paul says hanging up the phone. That sounded so bad, my heart hurt at that sound. I have to go check on her.

I ran out of my house and over to Paul and Davina's house. It only takes about 5 minutes. "You're going to think I am crazy!" Davina says as I burst through her bedroom door. "What the hell Jared?" She yells at me. Oh! Thank god she is ok.

"I was on the phone with Paul when you screamed. It sounded like you were being murder, so I had to make sure you were ok." I yell back at her locking eyes with her.

Everything around me moved, It was no longer gravity that held me here, it was her. I would be whatever she wanted me to be. A brother, A friend, A protector, A lover. She is my world. I see us on a date, our wedding, our kids... Our future. I sucked in my breath. Paul is looking at me with so much anger.

"OH! Hell no! Did you just? Out! Now" He yells, shaking with anger. I look at Paul and back to Davina. "D! Get some rest. We will talk later... Right now me and Jared need to have a little chat." He says with a growl. I'm a dead man! Walking out of Davina's room and down the stairs with Paul right behind me. I turn around once we are in the living room.

"Look Paul... You know we have no control over who we imprint on. And you know that I have had this pull to Davina since we phased." I say looking down at the floor.

"I know!" Hee says rubbing his face with his hands. "Please just take it slow with her. she has enough to deal with... With the nightmares to me not being around as much, to Jake breaking her heart. I just don't want her hurting more than she already is." He says, looking at me with tired eyes.

"I know man... You know I care about her too!" I say patting Paul on the shoulder as he nods his head. "Right now we will be in the friend and protector stage." I said with a small smile.

"I will admit... I am glad it is you and not Jake! He doesn't deserve another chance with D! When are you going to tell Sam?" Paul says/asks looking at me questionable.

"When I see him this afternoon, before you go on patrol." I say with a smile. I can help but replay what I saw through the imprint bond.

 I can help but replay what I saw through the imprint bond