thirty one

*before i just start this chapter i just wanted to say i started a criminal minds highschool au hotchner x oc so if you want to check it out it's there!!*

I crossed my arms as I sat in front of Strauss, my facial expression obviously angry. "Agent Gordon, I'd like you to tell me what happened" She said, and I scoffed.

"I don't have to tell you anything. What Aaron did was to protect his only son after Foyet murdered  his child's mother" I leaned closer to her over the table, narrowing my eyes, "I would have done the same exact thing, you should have too. Who cares that this guys dead? Why are you more concerned about how a serial killer died rather than the fact that your head agents ex wife had been brutally murdered by him?" I was fuming, completely and utterly furious.

"Gordon, we want to help him. That's why you're answering these questions"

"You're asking all the wrong questions" I spat, and she sighed.

She rubbed her temples, "Is it true that you and agent Hotchner are in a relationship?" My stomach dropped and my eyes went wide. I sat back in the seat, gulping.

Squinting, I tried thinking of something to say to her. "Where did you hear that? And how is that relevant?" I was trying to deflect.

"Its a yes or no question, agent" She responded almost immediately. I looked down, pursing my lips as I played with my thumbs.

Reluctantly, I said, "Yes, we are" 

I knew I shouldn't have, but I knew I would have been fired if I had been caught lying to her. It wasn't like this was not allowed as long as it didn't hurt our performance on the field. "And is it true that you and Haley didn't like one another" My lips parted to speak,

"And this matters why?" I responded. She looked at me as if she was ready to scream at me, "No, the two of us didn't get along"

"Were you jealous of Haley at any point in yours and agent Hotchner relationship?" I was starting to get mad again,

"No."

"She was no threat to you?"

"Strauss" I warned.

She looked down at a few files, "Now I need you to tell me in order what you remember from that day" I sighed, poking my bottom lip with my tongue.

I stood next to Aaron in his office,

"Foyet's meds--we have been tracking the entire combination. What if he's been using over-the-counter meds for some of it to mask his purchases?" JJ suggested. It was a smart claim, she was probably right.

"Ok, narrow the search. Focus on the meds he can't substitute. Good work" Aaron complimented, and she nodded.

There was a knock on the door, and the three of us looked to see who it was. There stood Anderson, holding a case file.

"Just got a call from the Postmaster General Inspectors Office" He told us, and JJ narrowed her eyes at him.

"Already?"

He looked at her as if she should have already known the answer to that. "I'm not just a pretty face" He reminded, and I chuckled. We started walking out of the office, and I put my hand on Anderson's shoulder.

"You're one interesting guy, aren't you?" He just smirked at me, and the three of us were off to go find Garcia.

Or, at least, we were going to, until Aaron stopped me and pulled me aside. I narrowed my eyes as I noticed he was having a hard time looking at me.