thirty-four

(I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the last chapter, but it's only February 9th. Both of these chapters are the morning of Feb. 9th, just told in two diff perspectives.)

(This chapter will be long you guys, my apologies in advance😘.)

Shay Marie Carson

"Mommy was that my sister?" Dior asked when she walked down the stairs. "Can I talk to her?"

I sighed, but then smiled quickly so Dior wouldn't worry. "She had to get ready for school, baby, just like you." I waved her over. "Why you didn't fix your collar?" I asked, tucking it in for her, then pulling her into the living room so I could do her hair.

Using some EcoStyle and Black Panther edge control, i swooped her thick, course hair into two puffballs, and got her things ready before leading her out the door and over to my Hyundai Santa Fe.

"You think Mr. Kyro is up right now? Can I call him?" She asked after I strapped her in and closed the door, then got strapped in the front seat myself.

Dior's daddy, Vice, died when she was one, and Evre was twelve. He was actually murdered in the alleyway behind the house we stayed in at the time, him and Evre had both been robbed at gunpoint.

Anyway, since we were on good terms at the time, and Kyro was stepping up to be a father for Evre, he'd decided to do the same with Dior. They had a close relationship, and loved each other like she was his actual daughter he was her actual father.

"It's early, D." I told her, stopping at a stop sign about a block or two down from her school. "He probably still sleep."

"But Sebastian, Darren, Dawn, and Serenity have to go to school. They should be up." She urged as I pulled off.

I sucked my teeth lowly. I ain't wanna deal with my triflin' ass baby daddy this early in the morning, but to make my baby happy I would walk through hell and high water. Including dealing with my baby daddy.

Truly, I didn't have to, cause it wasn't like we raised a fuck up. Evre was really grown as hell, and hadn't asked her daddy for shit since she started her job, according to her, she stacking to pay for her own lessons before her daddy bought the car. My baby was really growing up and didn't really need my help anymore.

"Hello?" Kyro answered on the second ring. "Didn't I just tell you to fuckin' stop?" He yelled to one of his kids in the background. "Imma punch you straight in yo' jaw in a minute! Damn! Hello?" He turned back to the phone.

"Dior wanna talk to you." I replied plainly before handing the phone over.

"Hello? Good mornin' Mr. Kyro!" She cooed. "Yeah I'm on the way to school now. We didn't have school yesterday, they said it was a "free day"." She explained. "Yeah, I got all my homework done, don't nobody have to worry about that." She assured, making me chuckle.

They talked for a little while longer, and sooner rather than later, I had pulled up in front of the same elementary school Evre went to years ago.

Damn this brought back memories.

"Alright, D. You gotta gone on to class before you be late."

"Okay, mommy. Hello? Serenity? I have to call you back cause mommy said I gotta go to class. I'll call you when I got home. Ok! Love you too!" She squealed as she handed me my phone back, and I smiled internally. Dior would never get the chance to grow up with her biological siblings, since my oldest was dead, my next two were MIA, and her daddy wasn't around to give her more siblings.