chapter two

Once I got home, I ran up the stairs and into my bedroom

Once I got home, I ran up the stairs and into my bedroom. I had like 30 minutes to get ready for wherever we were going.

Andy, the guy I baited a couple hours ago was caught and brought into a holding cell waiting to be tortured. I didn't feel bad for him, he's done a shit ton of bad things that including child trafficking.

I quickly showered and applied lotion once I got out. I put on a grey cropped sweater and black sweatpants on.

I know I was supposed to get dressed but I don't feel like putting on a dress.

I dress according to my mood.

I went downstairs to see that the visitors have arrived. Three guys sitting on the couch.

One with black hair, the other two had brown hair. The one sitting in the middle looked familiar. His piercing sea green eyes were so beautiful you could probably get mesmerized looking into them. He wore a white tee that hugged his toned arms. Once of his arms were filled with tattoos.

I have a thing for tattoos.

The one to his left had blue eyes. He wasn't as muscular to the one in the middle but he was close.

To the one on his left he seemed more older, closer to my uncle's age. His eyes were the same as the guy in the middle except it was more of a darker green.

They were in the middle of a conversation so I decided to tip toe my way to the kitchen. I noticed the two younger guys kept their gaze on me.

I grabbed a glass of water before I felt a wet tongue on my foot.

"Appa that's not yummy." I said picking up my husky. He had white fur with blue eyes. He was also the most dramatic dog I've ever owned my entire lifetime. I've had two but the other dog passed away.

Fly High Bambi.

I named him after the flying bison in the show avatar.

I picked him up... well tried too since he was kinda heavy but I managed to hold him like he was a baby. I mean he is my baby so...

"Sapphire in the living room now!" I heard my uncle shout very loudly. I walked into the living room with Appa still carrying him on me.

"Do you have to yell? I was literally in the next room."

He shoots me a glare. "Don't talk back to me." He snaps and I rolled my eyes. "Also put the damn dog down. He's not a baby." He tries to hit Appa but I moved away so he couldn't touch him.

"Don't ever try to hit my puppy again." I put Appa down but kept him by my side.

"Shut up." He glares. "Anyways, men this is my niece Sapphire. Sapphire this is Mr. Constantine, his son Sebastian and his friend Marcus."

"It's nice to meet you." Mr. Constantine held out his hand for me to shake.

"It's nice to meet you too." I shook his hand. I held out my hand for Sebastian and Marcus but they didn't move. "Sure nice to meet y'all too." I spoke sarcastically.

"We have decided to sell you to their business." Talon smiles at me wickedly. When he said business I knew exactly what he meant. Their gang. This was not the first time he tried to sell me.

"Why? What do you need me for?" The last emotion I felt was fear. I've dealt with dangerous men before. There's nothing I haven't heard of. Growing up with my uncle being my authority figure he taught me that fear is a weakness. A weakness that I should get rid of so I did.

"Well for one I'd like you to marry my son Sebastian and two I'd also like for you to be their baiter." Mr. Constantine spoke. He spoke with professionalism. You don't see that a lot in gangs.

He spoke slow and kept his voice calm.

"Why me? There's a bunch of baiters out there."

"Would you stop asking so many damn questions? It's annoying." My uncle spats.

"I'm not talking to you so stay over there." I pointed at him. Sebastian and Marcus raised their eyes brows shocked at what I just told my uncle.

"You little-" Talon tries to grab me but Mr. Constantine stops him.

"Don't worry, I don't mind the questions. Sebastian here is already 20. Usually the tradition as a leader is you get married at 20 and have a heir at 21. I want him to stop messing around with random women and settle down. "

"So you want me to marry and give this walking std a baby?" I asked causing him to chuckle lowly clearly amused by the words that came out of my mouth.

"You're an embarrassment." Talon says shaking his head. I just rolled my eyes. As you can probably tell I don't like him and he doesn't like me. A very mutual relationship we have going on.

"And you're a waste of space." I retorted. Sebastian and Marcus both grinned at my response.

"My son will get tested but as for being our baiter. We have a lot of men who owe us a lot. Many baiters kill these men but we don't want that. We just want them to be held and pay for their reckless decisions. You don't kill so you'd be a perfect fit."

"I respect that. Kinda." I shrugged mumbling the last part.

"So here's the proposal. You can come home with us agreeing to marry Sebastian by the end of next year, and be our baiter or you can stay here with your uncle who might or might not be killed within the next hour?" Sebastian speaks. Wow his voice was deep. I don't know why I was expecting it to be different.

"I'll come with you if.."

"If what?" Marcus asks.

"If I could bring my dog with me. I'm not leaving my baby here with this—- whatever you call this rodent." I said referring to my uncle who was sending me death glares left and right.

"Sure. You and your dog could come with us tonight. We'll have our men come over tomorrow to pack your belongings and bring them over."

"Okay." I shrugged.

"Would you like to say goodbye to Talon?" Mr. Constantine asks.

I told Appa to sit and then walked over to my uncle who kept a cold face on. I gave him a quick hug patting his back. "I hope you rot in hell for all the misery you've caused me, my dogs, my mother and my brother. I'll see you in hell buddy." I patted his shoulder before picking up Appa and walking out.

"You don't have one ounce of fear in your body huh?" Mr. Constantine laughs.

"Not really."

^*^
published: september 12th,2020