-2-

Luckily, just as we parked up; the makeup artist had pulled in right behind us. Dom was quick to help her bring in all her equipment while I held the door opened for the two of them. I could see the chef along with the caterers in the kitchen throwing down, my mom running around the backyard still trying to delegate meanwhile my sister sat in the living room doing my niece's hair.

As soon as were in and the door shut, she looked up from the style she was about to finish; her daughter who I believed was her little twin looked up from her iPad as well. "Hi Titi!" she waved.

"Hey baby." I waved with just as much enthusiasm, stepped out of my shoes and placing them gently to the side.

"Wow, actually on time; what a surprise." My sister looked up at the clock that now ready 1:10. "Although a bit late, I'm still shocked. I was expecting you here after the party started."

"Glad you were able to put your foot in your mouth." I smiled.

"Whatever, anyways! Welcome home Dominic!" she shifted the attention over to him, "you look so good!"

"Afternoon Yara, I appreciate that." he stepped out of his shoes and walked over to give her a proper hug, meanwhile I took some of the equipment he had and showed the makeup artist where would be the best place to set up. We had a little guest/storage room on the first level that was pretty good on lighting so I figured it would do.

"Follow me." I gestured.

"I'll need just 10 minutes to get everything set up." she said as I led the way down the hallway.

"That's perfectly fine," I opened up the room door and stepped on in side, placing her things onto the dresser. "You can do your spread on here and set up everything else wherever you'd like."

"I appreciate that, I'll let you know when I'm ready."

"Sounds great, take your time."

Exiting the room, I headed back over to the living room to see Yara chatting off Dom's ear. Although Yara tried to act like she didn't approve, her and him were the best of friends when they got around each other. I actually loved how well they got along, they could very well talk about anything with one another and never lose that interest. I loved to see it in fact it was one of the things that helped me to know that he was the one; if you could handle Yara's personality, you were destined to be apart of the family.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the sliding porch door open and my mother stepped inside. "Everything looks good, everything smells good." She said, pointing towards the backyard then over to the kitchen as if it was her way of checking it off some sort of list. "Perfect, perfect." She nodded. Once she was done with that, she looked towards the couch just as Dominic looked over at her. "Oh, Dominic! What a surprise, welcome back." I was surprised, to say the least.

My mother opened her arms and walked in his direction, just as he stood to give her a hug. "How are you doing? You look great."

"Appreciate that, Ms. Paula. I'm not too bad actually, happy to be home."

"I can only imagine," she placed both hands on her hips. "We're happy to have you back, hopefully this time to stay."

"Absolutely, it's time I got it together."

"You think?" Yara mumbled causing us all to laugh.

"Always got the jokes, huh sis?"

"You know me," she said, popping her collar.

"Anyways," my mom waved her off. "I hope you don't mind if I steal Anaya off for a moment just to get ready. I gotta make sure her makeup is done before the hairstylist and stylist arrive."