Chapter 10: Was that a date?

Oh yeah! Where is shipping material, man . Battles! Catching Pokemon! Explaining rules. That is fine. But where is shipping.

Well! You are not wrong. So fine ! Here we go.

"Hey Ash ! I was wondering if you would like me to go as your partner to Levior central hall?" Serena asked hiding her blush.

"Sure! It would be great, wouldn't it be , Pikachu?" Ash smiled looking at Pikachu who agreed.

Few hours earlier
It had been few days since Ash had won his first brain badge . Hmm! Just three more to go . Ash thought.

"Ash ! Are you thinking of something else again?" The professor's voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Sorry sir ." Ash nervously patted his head.

"Anyway so I was saying. As you know today is weekend again. But instead of going to forest , I am giving you another activity. You each have to partner up with someone and go to Central Hall . There is a contest which is being held there but it will be as a tag team . You could learn a lot by going there . So just start when the clock strikes 12pm." He stated and left.

Everyone was thrilled . Some already started to partner up . Dawn wanted to partner up with Ash quickly but Ash was like nowhere to be found .

Ash was not sure what to do in this activity. But if it is a tag activity, that means there will be battle and if there is battle, he was gonna train.

So while Dawn looked all over for Ash , Serena doubted whether to go and ask Ash or not while watching him train. Oh yes! She followed him all the way but was too shy to ask him that . But she also knew that if she doesn't, someone else will.

So with a rapid beating heart, she decided to approach him.

Now

"Thanks Ash! So let's go . It is already close to 12. " She asked him.

"There you are , Ash . So can I partner with you ?" Dawn panted.

"I am sorry Dawn. I have already partnered up with Serena." Ash told her .

"That is right!" Serena grabbed his hand looking at her.

"You ! I will show you " Dawn mouthed silently as Serena winked.

Soon Ash and Serena set out together through the streets of Levior city .

Wow! I am going fully alone with Ash with no one else. It is almost like . It is like ..date. Serena thought as she turns red at thought.

"So Serena! We ate finally at the contest. Let's see which of it we can take . " Ash 's voice trundled her out of her thoughts.

"Sure." She smiled eagerly.

"Hey look there. It is flag collecting contest. Whoever brings flag from four different parts of area will be winner and you have to do that with a partner. Doesn't that sound fun?" Ash chuckled .

"Pika !" Pikachu said excitedly.

"Yes ! Let's do that, Ash and we will sure win ." Serena smiled.

"The contest will began now. Each of you is provided with map . You are only allowed to carry one Pokemon each with you to battle any Pokemon there for retrieving flag ." The announcer told rules.

"Oh! We had to bring Pokemon. I don't have one with me right now. " Serena suddenly realised.

"Oh ! That is fine, Serena. You can take my Eevee for this contest. I will go with Pikachu." Ash told her as he patted her on shoulder.