Chapter 25

AN: Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed my last chapter. Anyways, thanks so much for the support so far, it really makes me want to write more. Let me know what story you guys want next (it will probably be a PJ/Arrow crossover, but not what you are thinking, sorry if you don't enjoy it), and please enjoy!

Recap:

Perseus gave each of them a look over. "At least let me heal you guys," he said. Perseus pulled some water from the pool and it spread over Grover, Annabeth, and Maximus, causing their cuts to close. They looked in shock as the water worked its magic on their injuries.

"Thanks!" Annabeth said quickly. Perseus nodded curtly before turning away.

"You three need to have a chat with that scumbag Ares," Perseus said. "Unfortunately, I can't do anything, but I'll be there if you guys need help beating him up."

Maximus cracked a smile and put his arms around his friends, causing Annabeth's face to turn red once more. Perseus laughed before following them out of the waterpark and back to the diner.

Present:

Ares was waiting for them in the parking lot. Perseus stood in the shadows, away from the eyes of the war god, while the three questers stood in front of him.

"Well, well," Ares said with a smirk. "You aren't dead. What a surprise."

Perseus rung his around the collar of his shirt to prevent him from jumping out and strangling the war god.

"No thanks to you," Maximus said. "You knew it was a trap."

Ares smirked at the trio. "I bet the cripple was surprised to see a couple of demigods instead of what he was looking for. Besides, you were a star."

Maximus threw the shield at the god. "You're an ass," he retorted, causing Perseus to chuckle quietly and his companions to gasp.

Ares caught the shield and spun it in the air, causing it to change form. He caught the shield, now a bulletproof vest, and slung it across his back.

"There's your ride," Ares said, pointing to an eighteen-wheeler across the street from the diner. "One way to LA, with a stop in Vegas." The trio looked at the truck, which was labeled KINDNESS INTERNATIONAL: HUMANE ZOO TRANSPORT. WARNING: LIVE ANIMALS

Max looked at Ares with a dumbfounded expression. "You're kidding, right?"

Ares snapped his fingers and the back door opened. "Free ride kid. Stop complaining. Also, here's something for getting my stuff," Ares said as he slung a backpack off the handlebars of his bike.

Maximus opened it to find money, both Greek and American, a set of clothes for the three of them, and some snacks. "I don't want your..." he started.

"Thank you Lord Ares," Grover said while bowing, making Perseus chuckle quietly at his brother's behavior.

Max gritted his teeth. Being in the war god's presence just made him want to punch him in the face. He looked back at the diner, but couldn't see his brother anywhere, so he turned back to Ares.

"Hey Ares," Max called. "You owe me some information."

Ares laughed. "You sure you ready for this kid?" Maximus eagerly nodded his head. "She isn't dead."

Maximus' jaw dropped. "What?"

Ares slung onto his bike. "She isn't dead. She was taken. She burst into gold dust, which was metamorphosis."

"Why?"

Ares laughed again. "You ever study war kid? She's being used as a hostage, or as bait. She's being used so whoever took her can control you."