• 114 •

Cecil cupped her cheeks in her hands, exhaling heavily as she picked up the pace towards her bedroom. She wanted nothing more than to sink into the bed...and probably hit the pillow multiple times in embarrassment. 

“Cecil, wait up!” 

She stopped and spun around, seeing Hana rushing up to her. Hana clutched onto Cecil’s arm, tilting her head. 

“What is it, Hana?” 

“Today, can we sleep together?” 

“What?” Cecil chuckled. “Why do you want to sleep together all of a sudden? It’s been years since we did that.” 

Hana felt restless after viewing the first memory she had of K’xug, along with remembering her “curse”. Today, she wanted to treasure being by the side of her best friend, who had remained by her side longer than anyone else, other than her parents and Xue. 

“We can’t?” 

“Of course we can,” Cecil agreed easily, and she paused. “Oh, I forgot to ask...what memory did you see this time?” 

“I’ll tell you once we are going to sleep!” 

“Alright.” 

All of a sudden, Cecil heard a faint beeping noise. The system was notifying her of an incoming message. 

[ Warning! It is advised that you eavesdrop on the conversation in the living room. Depending on whether you manage to or not, it may or may not cause a change in the heroine “Hana Katae”. ]

Cecil froze as she read the message, and Hana tilted her head to one side. 

“Cecil? Why aren’t you moving?” 

“...Hana, I left something in the living room, do you want to come along with me?” Cecil suggested with a stiff expression.

“Sure!” Hana smiled. 

The two ladies decided to head back to the living room, and there was an uneasy look on Cecil’s face. 

“AI500, what do you mean by a change? What is going on?”

[ Since your position in the story has become somewhat essential, your decision and words will now affect the protagonist “Xue” and the heroine “Hana Katae”, along with the new protagonist “K’xug” greatly. ] 

[ The change, whether it is good or bad, will be entirely up to Hana. ]

“...I wish you had told me this earlier. I am still very much deprived of sleep.” 

[ … ]

[ Too bad~ ]

“...”

They eventually reached the door of the living room. However, instead of going in, Cecil decided to press her ear against the door. 

“Cecil? What are you doing?” 

Cecil swivelled her head towards Hana, putting her finger on her lips. “I am not sure if it is the appropriate timing to head in now, let me listen in for a few seconds.” 

“So...you want to eavesdrop?” Hana asked, exposing Cecil entirely. 

The raven-haired woman stilled. 

“...”

“Yes.” 

“Hehe, then I’ll join in too!” Hana smiled, pressing her ear against the door as well.