chapter fifteen!

chapter fifteen! the history project

───   ✽  ───

"As I mentioned yesterday, we will be holding a debate next week. Your subject 'Did Charles I receive a fair trial.' The pros will represent the parliament who deemed they had sovereignty, and the cons will represent the monarch and try and prove that the charge against him was not legal," Ms Caldecott explained to the class striding down the aisle, spotting Tristin whose attention was directed to the side of Rory's head,
"Does that sound like fun, Mr Dugray?"

"Uh, nothing, Ms Caldecott," Tristin answered, with a soft shake of his head.

"Nothing, Mr Dugray?"

"My notes - my notes are fascinating, Ms Caldecott," Tristin lied, glancing to Thea for the slightest bit of help, who simply shrugged.

"Yes, they are fascinating, Mr Dugray. As I was saying, the pro and con teams will each have two minutes and thirty seconds for introductions, six minutes to debate, three minutes for conclusions and five minutes for questions from the audience. The winner shall be decided by a hand count from the rest of the class,"
Ms Caldecott continued to explain before turning to Tristan once more,
"Does that sound like fun, Mr Dugray?"

"What?" Tristan asked again, glancing to the youngest Gilmore one again for help, finding her two busy scribbling down the information for the debate.

"The debate. Does it sound like fun?" Ms Caldecott repeated, her eyes not leaving Tristan.

"Yes, it does,"

"It does, doesn't it, Mr Dugray,"

"Oh, it absolutely does, Mr Caldecott,"

"More fun than staring at Miss Gilmore's ear?" Ms Caldecott questions, gesturing to the older Gilmore twin, whose cheeks heated up at the sudden attention.

"Yes, Ms Caldecott,"

"Yeah, I think so too. Okay, any questions? Good, I'll assign your teams," Ms Caldecott concludes, pointing to each individual student, "You, you, you, you, you."

"Who did she point to?" Paris asked, leaning over to Thea's desk and snapping the girls away from her colour-coded notes.

"Well, I think it was us, Madeline, Louise," Thea starts gesturing to each girl individually with her soft-pink highlighter, "And, er Rory."

Paris rises to her feet, not wanting to believe Thea's answer, "Excuse me, Ms Caldecott?"

"Miss Geller?"