9

Nicole was getting ready for school and she was running late as usual. She was running around her room gathering her belongings and putting clothes on as fast as possible. She didn't put any make up on. Either way she didn't really care if she went out with no make up. She was comfortable in her own skin after all. The darkness under her eyes were her statement piece by now.

As soon as she got in her car she ripped open her bag and popped one of the many pills that she had hidden. She was late and decided to skip first period not really wanting to deal with her history teacher. She instead stayed in her car and smoked a joint waiting for the bell to ring.

*Rue's voice*

Nicole eventually showed up and something seemed off. It wasn't because she was high though. Something was on her mind. I had spoken with Fezco the night before and he told me that the day that they hung out Fez eventually asked her to be his girlfriend and she pretty much accepted his offer. However Fez made her promise that she would stop doing drugs and obviously Nicole broke that promise but who am I to judge. Fez knew she wouldn't keep the promise so he wasn't surprised when he found out later on.

It wasn't like Nicole didn't want to be with him because she was falling in love with him and she didn't even know. She was afraid. She didn't want to lose him or find him dead like her past boyfriends. She was so in love with him that after Fez told her he couldn't do this anymore she lost control of herself. But we'll get to that part soon enough...

For now Nicole was slowing down her daily doses due to the fact that she wouldn't have a supplier. She had many sleepless nights and turned to weed to cure her insomnia but that didn't help.She would have hot and cold flashes out of nowhere and pretty much every single symptom of going cold turkey.
____________________________________
"This is fucking torture" Nicole told fez

She was covered with Fez's comforter and a fleece blanket with her arms wrapped around his warm body. Cold flashes.

"Just be patient ma" he comforted her running his hands through her short curly hair.

Her phone started ringing and she grabbed it in her hands seeing that it was Nate calling her. She answered with a weak hello and went on to tell him that she was fine and that she was with fez before hanging up. Fez sighed at her clearly mad at the fact that she was talking with Nate. It wasn't jealousy. He was wondering why a perfect girl like her would talk with a guy like him.

"What?" She chuckled

"You know how I feel about Nate bruh" he said

"He's a good guy Fez" she defended Nate

"No he's not that's what I'm trying to tell you all along. It's best you stay away from his bullshit" he slightly raised his voice.

"Really man? You're going to be like that?" Nicole questioned him

"What do you mean 'be like that'? I'm trying to protect you Cole" he answered still aggravated

"We're not going to have this conversation right now. It's too damn hot" she put an end the small fight and ripped the comforter and the blanket of her body.

Her whole body felt like it was on fire as droplets of sweat started forming on her forehead. Hot flashes. Nicole wasn't sure which one she preferred. The only thing she was sure of was that she wanted to get high and never have to experience that again. But that's addiction. It constantly wants to be fed so it can slowly ruin your life.

Fez passed her some cold water and she drank it as fast as she could. She felt bad for the little disagreement she had with fez. She didn't want to have bad memories with him. She smiled at him goofily and he chuckled shaking his head.

"You got me tripping ma" he smiled at her and kissed her wrapping his arms around her body.

Fezco was all she needed. Nicole was all he needed