🥀

"Good luck Jonah," I hugged him.

It's kinda become a pregame ritual now, Before every game of his, I would wait for him outside of his locker room and when he's about to go out on the field I'd hug him.

" Thanks, Cy, " he smiled but I could feel his nerves.

So... I took his hands in mine and rubbed my thumb over his wrist to calm him and it worked like always.

His coach called him over for some last-minute briefings.

" Gotta go, Cy, why don't you go sit with Heather, " he said and rushed off.

As soon as I went over to the bleacher Heather called me over, she was wearing Jonah's jersey. She looked pretty with a bright smile plastered on her face.

Jonah gave her his Jersey.

He never asked you to wear his jersey, my mind mocked.

But you have his sweater...
He gave you his letterman...
He said it looked good on you...my naive little heart tried to remind me.

Jonah waved over from the field with a wide smile, he looked so carefree, he looked so beautiful.

Heather and I both waved back.
Again my mind reminded me of the times when those waives and smiles were only for me.

Now there's two of us, sharing his attention.

I was fighting was losing a fight, Heather and Jonah belong together.

I am never going to win against Heather.

Jonah has had so many crushes, so many girlfriends, you are the one who has always been there. It's not going to change anything, I told myself.

But Heather is different, I know things are going to change.

🍂🍂

Vote and comment :)