42 | triggers

CHAPTER 42,

TRIGGERS

"Yeah, and you broke my nose

"Yeah, and you broke my nose. Twice."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

HAVING BEEN SITTING at the abandoned zoo for awhile, Mason soon pulls up in Lydia's car to give the supplies he took from the school for them. The pack has a plan; Scott, Lydia, Malia, and Argent will sneak into the armoury while Liam, Theo, and Indiana distract the hunters.

"How close is he?" Liam asks.

"He's back down the road." Mason replies. "Don't look."

"Should I come with you guys?" Mason asks as Theo begins to gather some stuff.

"His friends shoot to kill. Go home." Theo replies.

"Lydia would kill you if anything happened to her car anyways." Indiana states.

"Oh, yeah..." Mason replies, trailing off.

"Don't worry about it. Nolan's gonna do the rest." Liam tells him.

Indiana and Liam walk around and grab the rest of the stuff from the trunk. Once they're finished unloading everything, Mason drives away to leave the three to do what they need to.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

The two werewolves and the chimera are currently hiding at the zoo, ducked down behind one of the walls while two armed men pull up in their car beside Nolan.

"Where are they?" One of the men asks.

"Inside the zoo. They're all here." Nolan replies, pausing as he glances between them. "It's not just the two of you, is it?"

"What do you mean 'just'?" The same man asks, slightly offended by the question.

"It's not just a pack, okay? There's a true alpha, a werecoyote, a banshee, two werewolves, and two chimeras." Nolan informs. "They're all here."

"I don't see all of them." One of the men states.

"I don't see anyone." The other man adds.

"I- I saw Indiana, Theo, and Liam bringing a car full of supplies right here. There were at least six sleeping bags, okay? They're all here!" Nolan exclaims, growing annoyed that they're not believing him.

"It's just Nolan and two other guys. This isn't going to work." Indiana tells the boys.

"Where's the backup? I mean, shouldn't there be like twenty of them?" Theo questions.