Tattoos: Part 2

Eislyn P.O.V.

"I'm sorry if I'm annoying or anything. You can tell me to shut up if needed."

"No, I'm glad you're curious. Most people think they know everything, but you want to know everything. It's actually quite refreshing."

"Still...if I'm talking a lot, just tell me to shut up, and I'll zone out or whatever."

Jacelyn smiles, and Dagger continues playing with my fingers.

"Hey, little one?"

"Yes."

"Would this be a good time to talk about you getting pregnant? It might distract you from the pain."

"Yeah, but right now you are a pain in my ass."

"So, yes?"

"What more do you have to say?"

"Well, we've been married for two months, one of those months was our honeymoon. I personally think you be pregnant by now."

"I have an IUD, and I take birth control pills. I don't want to be pregnant for right now. We just got married, can't this be enough for now? The two us, and then babies later. I want the chaos, but I'm not ready for it now."

"I get that but-"

"There is no but about it. I'm not getting pregnant."

Jacelyn clears her throat.

"Do y'all want me to stop this tattoo?"

"No, please don't. I still want to be married to the man."

She laughs before continuing her beautiful look on my wrist. 

"Eislyn. All I'm asking is that we try more."

"You just want to have more sex with me?"

"Well, I want to not have you on one birth control method. Can you do that for me?"

"No. No. Get out."

"What?"

"Get out. Go get some fresh air, think about what you are saying because this is my body, and it doesn't need Mr. Caveman right now."

"You can't kick me out."

Jacelyn bites her bottom lip. 

"I can."

"Don't you agree with me? He needs some air, to think about all of this, and actually listen to me. Please kick him out."

"Mr. Eastwood, you are making my client uncomfortable. I will kindly ask you to step outside by yourself or I'll have someone help you if can't find the door. Thank you, sir."

"Eislyn..."

"Dagger, think about what you are saying. I'm clearly saying to pregnancy for now. It's my body, so that means it's my choice. If you can't handle that, I'm going to have Jacelyn cover this tattoo with something else at a later date."

"Fine. I'll be back."

"I know."

Dagger hastily grabs his things and makes his way out the tattoo shop. 

"I'm sorry about him."

"No. You're right, but I also see what he wants."

"He's wanted kids for so long, but I'm only almost twenty. He's not getting any younger, but I'm young. Dagger just needs to think about what he's asking of me. He'll come back with an apology and chocolate."

Jacelyn laughs before continuing her work and we talk about her career. She's quite an interesting person, and she used to live in L.A., but most of the people wanting tattoos were pretty shitty. She wanted to get a change of scenery to realize if tattooing was something she wanted to do for the rest of her life. When she came to Arizona, her perspective changed, and she fell in love with tattooing again. 

I think that's pretty cool that she just packed up her things and left. It's not a super far move, but a completely different state. I don't think I would ever do that. It takes another thirty minutes for my tattoo to be done, and Dagger hasn't even come back yet. 

I wonder what he's doing. I didn't mean to upset him, but I think my points are valid. 

"Thank you so much, Jacelyn."

I hand her three twenty dollar bills as a tip, and I make my way to the cash register.

"How much will it be?"

"Husband paid for you already."

"Oh, okay. Well thank you again. You should come around the bar sometime. Get to know each other when I'm not arguing with Dagger."

"I think I'll have to take you up on that."