Chapter 4: Run Away

The two walked throughout the night, but it was clear Po had a lot of questions. And The Guardian would need to answer them if he wanted Po to trust him. She deserved to know. She deserved so much.

"Why haven't we heard of you?" Po asked. "Why are you called The Guardian? And how do you know my name?"

"You haven't heard of me because I've been in a secret lair for most of my life, observing and watching over you all. I'm called The Guardian because that's what I am. I was assigned to protect you and study your behavior and such."

Po's pink eyes were wide for a sec before she looked at the ground and then him. "Did...Did you know this was going to happen?"

"No. I never expected this to happen. I could've never predicted this." The Guardian's expression saddened. "Believe me, I wanted to meet you all in person in such a different way. But...I guess this is how I'm finally introducing myself to you all."

"Why couldn't you leave?"

"I don't know. My creators assigned me to do it and I did. I figured it would be too dangerous to show myself to all of you."

"O-Oh...Thank you for saving-" She then gasped. "I forgot! Your shoulder!"

The Guardian looked at his shoulder and there was a huge bite wound on it. "Oh, yeah. Forgot about that."

Po grabbed the bandages she brought with her and then began to slowly wrap it around the wound.

The Guardian winced a little, but then moved his bandages shoulder around a bit. "Thanks." He said.

Po smiled a little. "You're welcome."

The Guardian stared at her for a moment, smiling softly before his cheeks turned pink and he shook out of his trance. "A-Anyway, we should probably find the custards and destroy them. We can't risk anyone walking into the mainland and eating it."

"T-There are others?"

The Guardian nodded. "Many others."

"W-Wow...I never knew."

The Guardian had a bit of a sad look. "Yeah...My creators didn't want you to leave the mainland."

"Your curators don't sound very nice."

The Guardian thought for a moment. "Some weren't. Some were. Oh, and it's creator."

Po tried to spell that out as they continued to walk until they came across something glowing.

The Guardian looked down and then saw it! A bowl of custard near the lake. The Guardian knelt down and picked it up.

"What do we do with it?" Po asked.

The Guardian took off his hat for a moment and then pulled out a lighter and then lit the custard on fire before kicking the burnt thing into the lake.

"Hey! You have an antenna too!" Po pointed out.

The Guardian tilted his head before looking up and chuckling a bit. "Yeah, I do!"

"So that means your screen does some cool stuff too!!" Po exclaimed.

"Uhh, I dunno. I've never used it before. This screen in my stomach is kinda...there." The Guardian said. "Anyway, back to the mission.

Po nodded and continued to follow The Guardian all throughout the mainland, burning the custard and breaking the bowls. Neither of them wanted this incident to ever happen again. And they started small conversations along the way, with The Guardian remembering why he was so fond of Po in the first place and Po slowly beginning to make a new friend. She was very upset about what was happening, but The Guardian said they could fix it! Things would be ok!

Eventually, they came across the last bowl of custard. The Guardian grabbed his lighter, ready to burn it until hearing footsteps.

Po heard them too and gasped when she saw Tink step out of the shadows. She whimpered and hid behind The Guardian, clutching his arm.

The Guardian gritted his teeth until seeing Tink grab the bowl of custard.

Tink smirked before eating not only the bowl, but the custard as well. He then let out the most loud and ear piercing scream he could muster as purple smoke began to surround him...he began to change.

The Guardian and Po's eyes widened as Tinky Winky, the oldest and kindest, turned into a monster.

His body grew and grew until it was enormous and his fists were giant. Tink then grew sharp fangs and his eyes turned red. The giant monster then faced the two and roared.

"RUN!!!!!!" The Guardian screamed, grabbing Po's hand and running away with her.

Po screamed as well as she tried her very best to run as fast as she could. She turned around for one moment and saw her former best friend chasing after them. She screamed again and immediately began to run faster.

"WE NEED TO GO THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS OR THE CAVES!!!!" The Guardian cried out.

"MOUNTAIN!!! MOUNTAIN!!! TINK CAN'T CLIMB!!!" Po shouted.

The Guardian nodded and quickly started running away with Po towards the mountain.

Tinky Winky, or rather Tinky Tank kept running after them until Po and The Guardian finally escaped and he roared in anger. Po was right, he indeed, could not climb. And he was far too big.

Po and The Guardian kept running and running until they got far enough and they stopped running.

"Ok...We're safe." The Guardian breathed. He then pulled out his night vision camera while Po grabbed her flashlight, but it wasn't working.

"Dangit." Po said.

The Guardian sighed and then set the flashlight down. "It's ok. Don't worry. We have my night vision camera."

Po nodded. "Alright. We should start heading out then."

"Right. Don't worry, Po. After this, we'll contact the Military. We just have to do a bit of walking. I hope you don't mind snow."

"Right! Snow....What's snow?"

The Guardian chuckled and then gently held her hand. "Don't worry. I'll guide you through it."

"Thank you." Po said with a smile.

Then, the two headed off.