🥀

After the game, we went to Froth's to get coffee,  there was a time when Froth's used to be mine and Jonah's place. Somewhere we go to be alone.

Now it seems Heather is everywhere. All our places are Heather's too.

" I used to hate coming here, Cy forced me to come here so many times, almost every day that it kinda grew on me...now it's my favorite coffee place, " Jonah told Heather animatedly.

I watched them talk, with a smile.
I have become so good at those now, fake smiles.

Is this what I have become, someone he talks about...

Not the one he talks to...

Heather tried to include me in their conversations.

She is so nice to me... Sometimes I feel bad for hating her, then I don't.

" It must have been nice, " Heather told me after Jonah narrated one of our wild childhood rendezvous.

" It was, it used to be, " I replied.

Heather smiled at me but the smile never quite reaching her eyes.

She moved closer to Jonah and put her hand over his.

Jonah removed his Letterman jacket and draped it over Heather's shoulders when she told him she felt cold. We were walking home from Froth's.

A gust of wind blew past us and I shivered.

But this time Jonah didn't notice that I was feeling cold, he was looking at her.

Jonah, now you gave her your sweater and I am getting colder.

He put his arm around her shoulders, his hand over hers.

Everything felt cold.

🍂🍂

Vote and comment ;)