The Party

as toph and katara got ready, me, aang, and sokka played a tournament of, "fire, earth, water"

'earth!' said aang

'fire!' shouted sokka, losing.

'okay okay my turn.' i said

'winner takes all.' said aang, doing his best poker face

'FIRE'

'WATER'

'NOOOOO' called aang, just as the girls appeared.

they were wearing expensive looking earth kingdom dresses and even more expensive looking headdresses.

'wow, you look beautiful.' said aang.

sokka flicked his head and i giggled.

katara turned to talk to aang but toph put her hand out in front of her.

'don't talk to the commoners, katara. first rule of society.'

'we'll get in the party, and then find a way to let you in through the side gate.' said katara as they left.

i fell onto the floor, 'so do we just wait now?'

i heard aang and sokka fall down too, in a triangle type thing.

'more fire, earth, water?' sokka pondered.

'nah we just did that' said aang.

'oh my spirits can i braid your hair?!' i asked sokka, sitting up.

'only if i can braid yours?' asked aang.

i sat back down.

'yeah no. bad idea'

aang sighed, 'well we've gotta find something to do. it'll take hours before we're needed at the party.'

sokka held his hand out to mine and i looked over.

'you're floating'

i looked down and - sure enough - i was.

i jumped up and looked down at my feet, which were completely off the ground.

'how'd you do that!?' exclaimed aang, jumping up too.

i shook my head, feeling my heart beat faster in my chest, 'i-i dont know'

sokka quickly took my hand and pulled me back to the floor, 'you okay now?'

i smiled nervously, 'yeah'

man, id be the worst earth bender.

aang looked at our hands and tilted his head, making us blush and let go.

'lets just make some bracelets'

---

that night we arrived at the party right on time.

we waited behind a fountain, trying to avoid the guards that were patrolling

'where are they?' said aang, looking round the fountain.

'look, i came up with a backup plan. we dress momo like a ghost, ok? he flies by the guards creating a distraction, then we blast a hole in the wall...' said sokka, showing with momo how his plan could be done.

i winced and pointed to a carriage that had just pulled up, full of servers, 'or, we could go in with these guys.'

aang smiled, 'toph said we might pass as busboys.'

we snuck into their carriage and took three spare uniforms.

we hid behind a bush and began to change.