🥀

It was one of those rare occasions when I got to spend some alone time with Jonah, those were becoming rarer and rarer.

" What are we even supposed to be looking for?" He huffed.

He had come over to my house thinking we were going to play Skyrim but I had dragged him in the backyard to watch a meteor shower.

I had laid out a blanket and brought out my telescope, we laid there waiting for the meteors to pass us.

I always found it fascinating, the meteors that came from millions of miles away, they must have seen so much, know so much.

"Shut up... Just wait, you'll know what you're looking for when you see it?" I told him.

He was so close to me, I could feel his warmth, yet I couldn't, he might as well have been on those meteors, only to watch and fawn over, unattainable to me.

"Is that so?" He asked looking at me, watching me watch the sky.

" Yuh...shhh!" I said refocusing my attention. Only Jonah had the power to steal my attention away from a meteor shower.

" Will it be bright?" He asked.

" Yes like shooting stars but a bunch, " I answered.

" So can you wish on them? Like you do on shooting stars, " he asked.

I watched him, he looks unreal, bathed in the moonlight, with a hopeful expression, he looks younger, like the 15-year-old Jonah I fell for.

" I guess so, " I shrugged. If I can wish on those meteors, I know what my wish will be.

Jonah squealed and grabbed my hand when the meteors passed us.

I didn't even watch the meteor shower, watching his expression was more exciting. Jonah closed his eyes for a split second and smiled. I closed mine too, I wished.

" Done," he said when he opened his eyes, releasing my hand.

What did you wish for Jonah?

🍂🍂

I wouldn't mind a vote or a comment
:)