chapter 25

KIKIOPE

"You're also in Pink?" I asked in surprise as I pulled out a chair beside Ann.

She turned to me in astonishment, someone that has been avoiding us, I laughed internally, you can't run away from us.

"Yeah," she nodded while tugging at the hem of her jersey, our sports wear was a jersey customized with our school logo and the colour of our house.

"That's nice, so, what are you doing for the house?" I continued while watching the Boys scout and Girls Guild performance.

"Nothing."

"So, you're egbe alatewo abi?"

She nodded before looking away, just then the Boys scout and Girls Guild ended their performance.

"Yes," she responded.

I turned to her.

"How have you been?"

"Fine," she nodded.

I smirked, "Hope Rebecca's ghost isn't haunting you?"

She turned to me with huge eyes, "What do you mean?"

I smiled, "You know what I mean."

Her lips twitched, just then, the commencement of the match past was announced.

"Our house is so colourful," I commented before standing up to watch the Royal procession who were fully dressed, infact, they were more than the normal people matching, that's one thing about our school's match past.

I sighted Abimbola, and she eyed me, the idiot was even uglier upon all the make-up and rag she was putting on, the stupid girl was the only one that didn't sew her cloth at Bimpe's place, I don't even know why she was the Miss Ultimate for our house. Bimpe was the cake bearer even though I was the one that baked the cake, I didn't really fancy stuffs like that so, Bimpe decided to carry it.

As Pink House walked away, Yellow House came after, it wasn't long before my eyes met with Doyin, even though she would be running the 1800m she was still the Swagger girl, unlike me; the bench warmer. Then other house followed, I didn't have much interest in them, so, I went back to my seat.

On getting back, I realized Ann was no longer on her seat, seems, she was really bent on avoiding me. I smiled before sitting down while my eyes searched the whole area for her.

Not quite long, the match past ended and Bimpe came back to our house, waving at her, she walked up to me with a smile before seating on Ann's previously occupied seat.

"Did you know Ann was actually sitting here before?"

Bimpe turned to me, "Really? Where is she now?"

"She disappeared when I stood up to watch the match past."

Bimpe bobbed her head, "She's trying to avoid us, owo lofin mu igbin(A snail is picked with the hand)."

I smiled, "Seems the 1800m would be starting soon."

"Yeah and I wouldn't miss that for anything."

Minutes later, the race started, Bimpe and I got up quickly and moved nearer to the field in order to have a clear sight.

"Doyin, use your brain oo," Bimpe shouted as she waved at Doyin.

"Don't come back here without the Gold oo," I teased, she smiled at us before picking up her pace, not running actually because she was only jogging.