Loss

"It's time to win, are you guys ready?!" Satori cheered, jumping off of the bus as he buzzed with excitement.

"Hopefully we make it to nationals," You laughed with a gentle smile as you adjusted the edges of your sweater.

"We will. I'm sure of it," Wakatoshi stated.

"Karasuno has a weird quick attack," You grinned, "Maybe they'll make it into the finals this year."

"There's no place here for those with baseless confidence," Wakatoshi slightly scoffed, "With no talent, their 10 is nothing special."

You slightly shivered from his words as you gripped onto the straps of your bag with a light sigh. There you were, before the large building where the Miyagi Prefecture Qualifiers would take place, and you were ready to win.

~

"Satori have you seen Wakatoshi?" You trotted towards the red head who was currently wrapping some finger tape around his fingers.

"I think he went to the bathroom," Satori shrugged, before a playful smirk formed on his face, "That date must've gone good for you to be looking for him so much (Name). I'm proud of you!"

You rolled your eyes at his teasing comment as you made your way to the bathrooms, your eyes immediately falling onto the olive haired male who was talking to Oikawa and Iwaizumi from Aoba Johsai.

"Wakatoshi!" You called out to him, walking up to him with a grin.

"It's another one Iwa-chan! Look at them! They're like a duo of annoying mosquitoes," Oikawa not so quietly whispered to his friend next to him before he continued, declaratively pointing at Wakatoshi in anger, "But we're going to make it to nationals this year!"

"Only one team can make it to nationals," Wakatoshi stated, seemingly perplexed at the statement, "Besides. Neither (Name) or I are mosquitoes. Perhaps you need to get your eyes checked?"

"W-Well we're going to make it to-"

You turned to face the unknown voice, and you saw an orange haired boy who cowered at the sight of the two teams glaring in his direction.

That's Karasuno's number 10. You mentally noted with a huff.

Ignoring the orange haired boys' comment, both Oikawa and Iwaizumi visibly faced palm at the lack of comprehension, and you only sighed from beside Wakatoshi.

"Come on, we have to go," You ushered before you glanced over at Oikawa and Iwaizumi, "Good luck Aoba Johsai. Hope to see you in the competition sometime."

Oikawa puffed his cheeks out with sass. "I don't need your luck."

You scoffed at the comment, tugging at Wakatoshi's sleeve as you guided him back to the team. As you turned the corner, you turned to face him with a small blush that tinted your cheek.

"G-Good luck Wakatoshi," You mumbled, "Do your best."

He looked slightly taken aback for a short moment before he spoke. "I will."

~

The ball collided with the ground with a small 'thump', the stadium completely silent as your eyes widened at the sight, the ball barely out of Wakatoshi's reach as the ball slowly hit against the ground a few more times. The stadium erupted into a fit of cheers, everyone from Shiratorizawa complaining at the result as you blankly stared in front of you.

The whole team was dumbfounded by the team that stood before them, Karasuno, the underdog of the competition.

And just like that, any hope of nationals was long gone, your team turning around to face you and your coach with teary eyes as they all slowly trailed towards you. A hopeless sigh escaped from your lips, and you were utterly shocked at the result. You were clicked back into reality when your coach began to speak.

"You'll all be hitting 100 serves later."

Sniffles erupted from the team before you cleared your throat, looking up at them with a positive, charming smile.

"Everyone," You began, as they all looked up at you, tears welding in the corners of some of their eyes, "You did really good. I'm proud of you all. Thank you for the past three years!"

Silence followed your short moment of encouragement, before they looked up at you with a small smile.

"Thank you, (L.Name)!"

As the awards began, it was declared that Karasuno was the official winner of the match, and the words managed to force a frown onto your face. All the players began to line up, as they stood next to one another.

"Thank you very much!"

~

As you all silently made your way to the changerooms, you were to wait with your coach, but the sight of seeing Wakatoshi in a slight daze completely set you off. You could see a small frown that was beginning to form on the taller male's as you slowly wandered towards him, tugging at his jersey with a small, blush.

"Wakatoshi, can we talk for a bit?"

He nodded in response as you led him to a secluded area under the stairs.

"Is something the matter (Name)?" Wakatoshi questioned with his normal fierce expression.

You could hear his voice slightly faltering, as you pulled him into a tight hug. He smelt of his normal scent, mixed with a bit of sweat as you pressed yourself closer to the ace of the team who only wrapped his toned arms around you in silence. He rested his head on yours, taking in your scent as an exhausted sigh escaped his lips.

You hated seeing him like this.

With a burst of confidence, you looked up into his mesmerizing olive colored eyes, and your hands fell onto his toned chest. Stepping up onto your tip-toes, you slowly moved closer to him, and interlocked your lips with a quick movement. His hands aggressively held you close as they rested at your sides. The kiss was very short, as you quickly retreated from it, not bothering to move from his grasp.

A small smile made it's way onto the non-expressive male's face. As long as you were with him, it'd always turn out fine.