HOUSE DAEMADAR

ℌ𝔬𝔲𝔰𝔢 𝔇𝔞𝔢𝔪𝔞𝔡𝔞𝔯

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▌ House Crest    ▌ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁

SIGIL:  two dark purple butterflies on a sky of twilight 

WORDS:  FLY HIGH ABOVE THE REST

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ ▌ H is to r y   of   House  D a e m a d a r   ▌ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁

Not much is known about the elusive House Daemadar prior to Robert's Rebellion, except for they reside in the rich Jewelled Isles - ruling over it as they have done since anyone can remember. The House finds their wealth in trading fabulous jewels to the mainland, particularly the rich members of Westeros and occasionally Essos. The vast majority of the time, House Daemadar stays out of the Seven Kingdom's business; preferring to keep to themselves and maintaining their Isles and the people on it. Many assume during Aegon's Conquest, the Daemadar's willingly surrendered feilty to the dragon lords; though nobody knows, they can only guess this is what happened. 

The first time in years anybody had seen a Daemadar was at the Tourney of Harrenhal, where the young Valtheos Daemadar had met his betrothed for the first time - Lady Alia Tyrell; and at this great tourney, Valtheos Daemadar had befriended and impressed all of the Stark family; with his jousting ability. In which, his future wife was sat right next to Lyanna Stark, when the crown prince had placed a crown of winter rose's on the Stark girl's lap. She would never forget that day. A year passed since the tourney, Lyanna was due to marry Robert Baratheon - however, it was not to be, as Rhaegar Targaryen had abducted and raped the woman.

Outraged, the Stark girl's father, oldest brother and two-hundred soldiers went to King's Landing to demand that the prince came out and faced their wrath. But, the prince was not at the Red Keep - the Mad King had heard about the Northern men plotting to kill his heir and as a result executed the two hundred. Lord Rickard Stark called for a trial by combat to protest his freedom, but the Mad King had declared fire as his champion. The Lord of Winterfell, was roasted alive on that fateful day - his heir, Brandon Stark, strangled himself to death in a torture device, trying to reach a sword to save his father.

A raven had reached the Jewelled Isles, from Eddard Stark - imploring his newly found friend, Lord Daemadar, to call his bannermen and sail to the North to help the fight. During the year that had passed since Harrenhall, Valtheos had wed Alia and now had their first child, Ashter Daemadar - with another on the way. Deciding House Daemadar couldn't stay out of Westeros' business anymore, he sailed for the North, where he would meet Lord Eddard Stark - armed with a fighting force of twelve-thousand men. The butterfly soldiers rendevouzed with the wolf soldiers at White Harbor and then marched to meet Jon Arryn - from there, they marched to Riverrun to negociate the support of Lord Hoster Tully.