Chapter 6 - Felix Felicis (part 2)

*Draco pov*
I had tasted a lot of fine foods in my life, but Honeydukes' hot chocolate was by far the best. The Felix Felicis was starting to wear off, though. Had I not taken enough? I thought it was supposed to last 24 hours.

I ran through the recipe in my mind. Ashwinder egg... Squill bulb... brew for exactly 20 hours. Of course- we must have left it too long, and therefore the effects of the potion wouldn't last as long. But that was my fault for letting Harry oversleep, for being too lost in gazing at him to check the time.

Well, there was no need to mention that to him- the potion was still working.

I took another sip of my hot chocolate, peering at Harry over the top of my glass. He'd gone inside to get some sweets from the main shop. Felix, or what remained of it, decided we should wait outside, so I continued to sip my hot chocolate.

It wasn't long before Harry came back out again, holding a brightly coloured bag. A smile played at the corner of his mouth, like he was trying not to laugh.

"What?"

"You have hot chocolate all over your face."

*Harry/narrator pov (don't kill me I know it's the middle of the scene but I need Harry's pov for this!!)*
Draco flushed a bit and hastily picked up his napkin to wipe it off.

Harry clutched the bag in his hand. Would it too much? Draco was only helping him out with potions. Oh well...

"Draco, I, um, have something for you."

Draco looked at him in surprise. "Something- for me?"

Harry scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Yeah, um, like a thank you for helping me with potions." He pushed the bag across the table.

Harry noticed that Draco's hand was shaking slightly as he opened the bag and gasped with pure delight. "How did you know that apple was my favourite?"

In the bag was a huge selection of apple sweets, one of everything that Honeydukes did in apple flavour, plus a Chocolate Frog and a small box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, because those were Harry's favourite and he'd thought that apple must get a bit boring after a while.

"I practically never see you without an apple in your hand, Draco. And besides, whose mother makes them apple sandwiches for a train journey if they aren't totally obsessed with the things?!"

Draco went slightly pink. "Well, Potter, I'm really touched that you noticed that about me, genuinely. We've only been friends a short while, and even with Blaise it took several months for him to notice, so... I guess what I'm trying to say is it's really nice to have someone that notices the little things about me. And also someone who gives me apple sweets. You have no idea how happy you've just made me."

He said the last bit more quietly, almost like Harry wasn't meant to hear. He wondered if there was some kind of dual meaning to it.

*Draco pov*
Nobody had ever given me a gift this personal, not even Blaise. The bag was an explosion of various shades of green wrappers, including some unfamiliar ones that said Maoam on them, among the more familiar ones such as apple Cauldron Cakes and red and green Liquorice Wands. I know it sounds silly, it was only sweets, but I was genuinely touched by Harry's gift.

"What's a Maoam?" I asked.

"Oh, it's a Muggle sweet my cousin adored. I thought you might like it." Harry replied.

I'd never tried a Muggle sweet before. My father had always said that anything Muggles made wasn't worth our time. I neglected to point out that most of our antique furniture was Muggle-made.

I offered one to Harry before unwrapping my own. I looked at it doubtfully.

"The Muggles don't put- mechanisms or machines in these, do they?" I asked Harry warily. I knew all too well the dangers of trying an unknown wizard sweet.

Harry only laughed. "No, the Muggles keep their mechanisms and machines for places where it's actually necessary, not for food. It would be way too expensive for most Muggles anyway."

I carefully took a nibble off the corner of the Maoam. It was delicious. The apple flavouring was a bit different to in wizard sweets, but it was nice all the same. It was very sweet, but I didn't have an objection to that.

"I've never had a Muggle sweet before," I admitted. "My father refused to let me try anything Muggle-made. Pureblood bastard. While we were all off claiming we were better than anyone else, we should have been eating this!"

Harry smiled. "I'm glad you like it."

***

We were on our way back to the common room after lunch when I realised I still hadn't come out to Harry. Felix thought I should, and it'd be gone completely in a few minutes, but I knew I should anyway. After all, if I came out to Harry now at least I had a chance with him. I just hoped me being gay wouldn't be a big deal for him.

Harry opened the door to the common room and I crossed the room and sank into the green sofa. He took the red one opposite.

"Look, Harry, I need to tell you something." I began. Best get it over with. "I- we've been friends for a few months now, so I guess you should know... I'm gay."

"That's cool," said Harry. "I'm bi." Wait. Did I actually have a chance????? "Want to go to the Pride festival with me next month?"

"Sure," I replied, smiling, glad that he hadn't made a big thing out of my gayness. And that he was bi.

Harry was fidgeting with his hands.

"I have to ask," said Harry. "I know you were drunk the other night, but... you said you liked me."

He looked up.

"Yeah, um, I..." But the lingering effects of Felix wouldn't let me lie. "I do. I really like you."

"Not platonically, then."

"Not platonically."

"Well, that's lucky." He said. "Because I think I really like you too, Draco Malfoy."

"If this is a joke," I began, not believing my ears, "then get lost and I never want to talk to you again. If it-"

"It's not a j-"

"Let me finish, Potter. If it's not a joke, then shut up and kiss me already and stop stalling."

Harry looked stunned. "Okay."

He crossed to the Slytherin sofa in three short strides. I pulled him close, wrapped my arms around his neck as his hands found my hair and our lips met. His lips tasted like hot chocolate and wood-smoke, which was an odd combination but at the same time it was comforting, homely.

My lips parted from some unknown instinct and I kissed him back, one thought in my mind. I was kissing Harry Potter.

A/N
Ok I KNOW the kiss scene was short but I've never actually been kissed so it was quite difficult to write!! Please don't hate me❤️

So... they kissed! But the sleeping situation just got a whole lot more awkward...

I know it escalated quite fast I'm sorry but all my ideas came after they admitted their feelings to each other... I'm not very good with slowburn😂

I am trying to update more but I know I'm not the best at having a regular writing schedule, and I'm sorry about that.

Thank you to everyone voting and leaving comments, they are much appreciated! 😊