Chapter 56

Blair stood with Dick in front of the group in the middle of an abandoned barn she had seen on their drive to pick up food

Blair stood with Dick in front of the group in the middle of an abandoned barn she had seen on their drive to pick up food. It wasn't far of a drive, just a few miles outside of town really, but it was still secluded enough that they didn't have to worry about someone seeing them train.

"Okay, in order to work together, fight and defense yourselves like a coordinated team, we gotta see what each other can do. Any volunteers?" Everyone shifted their gaze elsewhere, reminding Blair of every time a teacher asked for volunteers when she was in high school. She glanced over at Dick, biting her lip to keep from laughing.

"Kory," He called out, Blair letting out a small laugh as Kory muttered a curse under her breath. "Rachel said you can create light. Heat. Is that right?"

"Honestly, I'm still trying to figure it out." She admitted.

"Okay, so let's figure it out together." Dick said supportively, reminding Blair of all the times he had trained with her when they were younger. "How exactly does it work?"

"I think it comes from the sun." Kory nodded, playing with her fingers. "I can absorb it's power and direct it."

"That is so fucking cool." Blair grinned, bouncing on her feet in excitement.

Kory flashed her a small smile before continuing to explain it, "I'm weaker at night though. I'm sometimes empty. And it takes me a while to recharge."

Dick tilted his head to the side, "How long?"

"A few hours, a day, I don't know." She shrugged.

Dick nodded, "Can you control it?"

"Of course." Kory responded, like the question offended her.

"Okay." Dick turned around, pointing at the tractor in the far corner of the barn. "Could you hit that tractor?"

She looked over at the tractor, determination clear on her face as she walked forward, "Watch."

Blair stepped back with Dick, trying to keep from bouncing on her feet in excitement. She hadn't seen Kory use her powers before, but she had seen what they could do.

Kory thrust her hand out, focusing her attention on the tractor in the corner. Blair watched in anticipation as her entire body began to glow, looking very much like the sun in the sky. In a matter of seconds, fire erupted from her hand, covering the distance from where she stood, all the way to the other side of the barn.

Everyone jumped back at the loud noise that came as Kory missed the tractor, burning a giant hole in the wall next to it. Despite her missing the target, Blair had to admit it was pretty damn amazing to see her in action anyway.

Kory turned around, looking at them all sheepishly, "I suppose I could use a bit of practice."

Gar let out an excited laugh, "Sick!" He held up his hand for a high five as Kory walked back to the group. She slapped his hand with hers, Blair holding in a laugh as he immediately dropped his hand like he had just burned it on the stove.